Looking for critique on my latest project

Please post images here directly, do not post links to your behance profile to get more views.

Thanks

Please post images here directly, do not post links to your behance profile to get more views.

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't think it would be an issue since I did it the same way on my last post and neither you or anyone else said there was anything wrong with it. I was hoping for critique on the presentation of the work not just the work. Thats why I posted a link.. not to "get more views."

The work is for a rage/anger room company.

Here is the wordmark and icon.

Attachments

• wrdmrkuse-01-01.png
    wrdmrkuse-01-01.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 14
  • icon-01-01.png
    icon-01-01.png
    107 KB · Views: 14
The forum has the functionality to add images, and it's the best way to get critique. There's a lot of link dropping happening lately, so naturely, clamping down on everyone, not just you.

I have big issue with the designs being 'forced' on us with a vibrant red background for no obvious reason.... why can't it just be a nice normal white, black or even neutral grey... that red actually hurt my eyes.

As to the design, without full context to the business the first one looks like you've picked font and squished the text closer together and the second one looks like a broken plate or even a pizza...

I have big issue with the designs being 'forced' on us with a vibrant red background for no obvious reason.... why can't it just be a nice normal white, black or even neutral grey... that red actually hurt my eyes.

As to the design, without full context to the business the first one looks like you've picked font and squished the text closer together and the second one looks like a broken plate or even a pizza...

It is a broken plate. That is shown in the full project.

The reason for having so much red is that I was hoping to create some visual tension sort of symbolic of the tension one might be seeking to relieve by going to a rage/anger room. Maybe I went to far with it though.

I had to google that.

To be honest it's just ba random word and an icon of a broken plate. Without context it means very little.

A logo is meant to identify not describe.
Marks do not have to be (and most often shouldn't be) literal depictions. Look at the biggest brands in the world.

What does an apple have to do with computers?
Or a check mark with cellphone service?

That comes with correct and consistent use of the logo over time.

What does an apple have to do with computers?
The apple relates to their earliest logo....that was a picture of newton sitting under the apple tree.... newton had an apple drop on his head (supposedly)...
The newest design has an apple with a byte (yes I know it's the wrong spelling but it's correct in this context) taken out of it, albeit unintentional at the time of conception. Also links to Alan Turing (how he died), who was an earlier pioneer in regards to pcs, depending on who you ask.

Or a check mark with cellphone service?
um...accept call

The apple relates to their earliest logo....that was a picture of newton sitting under the apple tree.... newton had an apple drop on his head (supposedly)...
The newest design has an apple with a byte (yes I know it's the wrong spelling but it's correct in this context) taken out of it, albeit unintentional at the time of conception. Also links to Alan Turing (how he died), who was an earlier pioneer in regards to pcs, depending on who you ask.

um...accept call

Yep.... I didn't say they didn't have meaning or reasoning. They are abstract concepts (that become synonymous with the company over time) not literal depictions. As in an image of a computer or an image of a cell tower

That red background for everything is just a bit overkill for me, unless you're trying to make them even angrier!

The red images on a red background - er, no.

Back