Looking for Constructive Critique

shadythemes

Hello, World!
I'm a newbie here at the community, and looking harsh-yet-constructive critiques so I could (hopefully) improve my work and skill as web designer.

Here's my work I'm presenting today. It's basically a catalogue website (for this example, the theme is food-catering business), where visitors could easily check out the products, and easily make an order via WhatsApp.
Demo: https://shadythemes.com/whatsappstore

Thank you.

---
PS: my apologize for the placeholder-ish product names and pictures. I'm not good at thinking names, so I just consulted the ever-so-useful name generator site for product names and google-sensei for images.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 4r.jpg
    4r.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 8
  • 4s.jpg
    4s.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 4t.jpg
    4t.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 8
Honestly, and I'm not sure if this is a positive or not, it just feels like every other template out there......

Hahaha... can't really argue with that one...
But then again, attempting the unorthodox way will most likely scare off ordinary users (including clients-to-be)... so I maybe trying to play it safe by to what's work according to previous experiences.

It sure feel kinda boring though, personally speaking...

Hahaha... can't really argue with that one...
But then again, attempting the unorthodox way will most likely scare off ordinary users (including clients-to-be)... so I maybe trying to play it safe by to what's work according to previous experiences.

It sure feel kinda boring though, personally speaking...
Assuming this is more photoshop than code so why not just play around and have some 'fun' with it, you can still keep the core 'usability' side of things but theres nothing to say it needs to use the same 'template' to the appearance.

This may sounds weird, but I'm not the type who prototype first. So there was no PSDs or anything before that design came out.
But yeah... I'll try renovating the archive-page since I think that part is a bit too generic...

Perfectly presentable work.

Take some risks...Have some fun and welcome to the forums. ;) :)

Top tip!

Build your themes for mobile before doing the desktop version. Focus on the functionality not the layout. Work on meeting accessibility guidelines.

Nobody really cares about fonts and colours. All they care about is usability. If a website is easy to use and full of great content they will forgive an iffy layout.

Most of the key web design work takes place before a single line of code is written. The theme itself it just about the very last thing to do after the site has be built.

If a website is easy to use and full of great content they will forgive an iffy layout.

I'm not sure I completely agree with this. I may not be like the usual punter but if I visit a site that looks ugly or has a dodgy layout and visual appearance, I'm likely to leave before I ever read the carefully written content or even attempt to interact with it. You need to have a great looking site that entices people to use it.
Everything else that fisicx said are good points though.

Back