Looking for a designer for a website logo.

vv26

Hey guys,

I'm looking for someone to design a logo for my music website. The site covers heavy metal music. I've got a rough idea for what sort of a logo I'd like, but I am happy to accept original ideas as well.

The music website is called The Median Man, and the idea I had for the logo is as follows:

A skull with and crossbones, but with the crossbones being shaped like guitars, with The Median Man either at the back of this or the front.

If you think you're interested please get in touch.

Thanks.

Yeah, sorry to say but that wouldn't get you much in the UK.

Even if you remove consultation time from the cost you're looking at 1-2 hours of work which isn't enough time for a decent logo.

Can I suggest not resorting to the heavy metal super-clichés. All a bit obvious. You can appeal to the market without resorting to the same stuff everyone else does.

Also, don’t think of a logo in isolation. It should be part of a cohesive brand identity for the site and any other promotional materials you produce.

Can I suggest not resorting to the heavy metal super-clichés. All a bit obvious. You can appeal to the market without resorting to the same stuff everyone else does.

Also, don’t think of a logo in isolation. It should be part of a cohesive brand identity for the site and any other promotional materials you produce.

Would you recommend something subtler then? As many of the websites I follow tend to go for a rather basic logo design.

As many of the websites I follow tend to go for a rather basic logo design.
Correct. And that because very few people care about your logo. It's the content they want. Keep it simple and don't bother with a logo for now. Find out if the site has legs and then you can think about a logo - one that matches the genre of heavy metal your visitors prefer. In my case it's pretty much anything from the 70s. Except Led Zeppelin - I never really got into them.

@vv26

As I'm sure you will be inundated with offers from places like India (ie where jenniferj is from) please be careful with your bank/personal details if you chose to use someone from abroad.

This is because this forum has no control over the actions of any member that you choose to work with and while we'd like to think that all our members would be responsible and honest etc there's always an off chance someone isn't.

Yes - I've checked the IP and it's shared by 3 other forum members with very few posts.

Duly, I've removed the post from the forum for the protection of our members.

Back