Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look, it's an introduction!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Muse, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Muse

Muse Member

Hello, Design Forums, my name is Cel. In hindsight I should have probably chosen a proper username, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. I'm a student and a bit of an amateur design enthusiast, and I hail from that curious region of the world where they measure in pounds and not kilograms. (Oddly enough, they are the only ones to do so.) In my spare time, I love to sleep, and eat, and sleep more.

I've been kind of dabbling in HTML/CSS for a while, but I've only gotten serious about learning more and perfecting my skills since last year. It's a very cool hobby, and it'd be great to do it as more than a hobby. ;D

I'm currently trying to get my site/blog up (I'm woefully over-inspired and under-talented), so hopefully registering at this forum (besides allowing me to chat with some cool people) will make me feel guilty enough to finish. ^^ (To tell you the truth, I'm scared of Wordpress. Approaching it is like sneaking up on a usually mild-mannered but fierce-looking gorilla.)

I love this forum already—it actually looks quite good, whereas most vBulletin boards I see are rather...:down:
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Cel,

Welcome to Design Forums, excellent introduction, we seem to be getting some very original intro's now :) The gorilla you mention is quite friendly (& very useful) once you get to know him, and I'm sure with the various members we have on the forums we can help you overcome the fear!

Thanks for your comment on the forums, I think the extra work/effort in putting us apart from the average vB forum has been worth it.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
    Thanks, Greg
  3. Michae

Michae Member

That gorilla isn't scary at all, it's quite loveable really!

Hiya, Im new too :)
  4. Muse

Muse Member

I've never been an animal person, Michae. =P But—since I'm more comfortable working with CSS than PHP—I've kind of decided to try out the child-theme route, because it'll be a nice way to ease into Wordpressy-things.

@Greg: definitely; I think the layout was the deciding factor in why I joined up.
  5. berry

berry Active Member

I love full time dreamers. welcome aboard
  6. Welcome to the forum Cel :)
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Fantastic! That's great to hear/read (I can hear it in my head) :)
  8. Mosskat

Mosskat Member

Hey Muse, I hail from a pound measuring society too! Welcome to design forums!
  9. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome to Design Forums Muse. Hope you'll enjoy your time here!
  10. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!
  11. Muse

Muse Member

Hey everyone, and I'm sure I'll love Design Forums. ^^

(Aarlev, by the way, I was trying to imitate the background for your first portfolio piece the other day...failed's quite a tragedy, because it's very nice.)