London Olympics logo in racist storm

berry

Iran has objected to the logo for the 2012 London Olympics, claiming it is racist because it resembles the word `Zion.” Bahram Afsharzadeh, head of Iran’s National Olympic Committee, says Iran sent a formal letter to International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge to criticize the emblem. The letter claims the 2012 logo spells out `Zion,” a biblical term which is widely recognised to refer to the city of Jerusalem. The letter urges other Muslim nations to oppose the “racist logo.”The IOC said: “The London 2012 logo represents the figure 2012, nothing else"

We all know the logo is crap, but I didn’t think it would alienate half the world!!!!

£250,000 and you design Armageddon..................great

Ridiculous, story, especially as the logo has been in the public domain so long. Have Iran only just noticed the letter shapes can look like pretty much anything?

Plus just for the record, I think the logo will work really well through it's application. I've thought that for ages. Can't believe how negative people are about it.
But I am disgusted by the cost of it!

I saw this on twitter the other day, this is as crazy as the stories of Ozzy sending subliminal messages through his records!

i am half iranian and i must say this is a load of my arse

there government are always looking for ways for there sports reps to not take part in anything as this will bring attention to the country because the government are abusing the people.

they are simply looking for any excuse to fight and rebel, idiots

the logo isn't my cup of tea but what can you do, logos have so much power, they should have researched this a lot more in to other cultures as this is what the Olympics is all about

silly mistake to make but it is really really pathetic the problems iran are causing, it is an abstract logo people will make it what they want it to be, for the cost of it a lot more development research should of went in to this.

This is laughable but I agree with Ken, the logo has grown on me and I think it'll work really well. Having said that I think if I had submitted it for my first year logo design module, I would have received an F.

Absolute rubbish. This logo represents the future of design, whilst incorporating the heritage of the games from Greece. The logo is slightly abstract so I can understand how an interpretation could be made, but what Iran is saying is pure propaganda.

The 2012 logo is my favourite logo which I have seen so far.

rebrandology said:
Absolute rubbish. This logo represents the future of design, whilst incorporating the heritage of the games from Greece. The logo is slightly abstract so I can understand how an interpretation could be made, but what Iran is saying is pure propaganda.

The 2012 logo is my favourite logo which I have seen so far.

**** son, you need to see some more logos.

Back