London 2012 Olympic Games Poster

I really like that actually, there's not really anything to fault. I would change the colours so that they match the order that they appear in the official logo; blue, gold, black, green and then red. It's only a technical issue really, it still looks great! Unless this was done intentionally to avoid copyright issues.

Poor old Ireland eh? They always seem to get left out of everything :p

Thanks guys!

On the ring colour, yeah sean I wasnt too sure about the legality of using the colours in order, I know LOCOG are really strict so I didnt bother me to use the colours in any order as long as they were in there!

I've seen a lot of takes on the Olympic rings but this one really works and I totally got it.
You do right being cautious of copyright as they've got the branding stitched tighter than a ducks pooper but I think you'd be all right with this.
Really clever.

I was asked to work on the games mascots (guess I can say now) and the NDA was like a copy of War and Peace.
I'm not sure but I think Saatchi & Saatchi legally own my kids now :p

Nice work Dave!

Thanks Scotty, means a lot coming from an illustrator as good as yourself. Ive read plenty of horror stories about LOCOG clamping down on copyright infringements, even saw a bakery forced to take down a window display which was simply 5 bagels laid out to replicate the Olympic rings.

Thats awesome that you were asked to work on the mascots, are you allowed to say what you worked on?

Fantastic work Dave. Really nice to see the olympic rings used in such an original way.

thanks Jim, ive been swept up in Olympic fever this past week, its really surprised me how good its been!

davewill said:
Thanks Scotty, means a lot coming from an illustrator as good as yourself. Ive read plenty of horror stories about LOCOG clamping down on copyright infringements, even saw a bakery forced to take down a window display which was simply 5 bagels laid out to replicate the Olympic rings.

Thats awesome that you were asked to work on the mascots, are you allowed to say what you worked on?

LOL! Thanks Dave :D

I was asked to come up with a pitch for the Olympic Mascots along with a bunch of other UK designers.
I think I can say a bit about it now. :confused:

S&S dropped it on me on the Friday to be done for the Monday and I had to design the mascots for the Olympics much as what you see with the ones they went for.
I had to include a whole bunch of other stuff like how they'd be marketed and branded and a bit of a publicity campaign.
As you may have guessed mine weren't chosen which gave me a sigh of relief really as designing anything to be used on the Olympics is a bit of a poison chalice for the career but something you can't really say no to.

At least I got to put S&S on my CV though.

Back