Logo stress. How do you brand "Nothing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvin_T

Having a bit of trouble defining the characteristics of a concept.

"Nothing" is the name
A community for sharing ideas, concepts, images and words "about" nothing.

This thread has the potential to go way off topic as whenever i mention the topic people tend to go off into their own world.

The question is how do you break through the plateau when it comes to designers block logo wise?

Been trying so hard to think laterally but how do you define / develop a symbol for something that is characterless?

6 pages of logo sketches and nothing worthy. Some of them could work but would be no more interesting to look at than word art :down:

I'm avoiding "black holes" and black in general.
Don't like churning out the obvious.

What techniques do you guys use to get to that next level of thinking?

Cheers

:mad:

how about a black outline box with the words nothing written in the bottom right corner? OR just the n. ?

Ahh I hate it when I can't think. A little fact for you though. It's actually impossible to do nothing.

Ok the Word nothing is a concept.
Boiling it down nothing is always something.
A lot of people that have tackled this have come up with the same "nothing is nothing maaaannn"

Removing pictures from frames and taking pictures of the sky is not what i would class as nothing.

This nothing brand is technically something as it involves EVERYTHING that nothing is.

Great philosophies about nothing so on and so forth.

So anything BUT BLACK, EMPTINESS, BLACK HOLES ETC

Basically a Community called nothing.

how about a large lowercase n with just a full stop after it? make it bold and in dark grey.

When I'm stuck I stick it into Google and see what images it turns up taking notes of anything that jumps to mind.
I think you have a very good reason for taking a minimalist approach.:)
How about a nice light sans serif that fades into the background or a thought bubble with the text inside it as in thinking of nothing.

1 2
These 3 links are examples of the feel that im goin for, not quite web 2.0 but better than your local garden centre's logo.

but maybe an "n." is best.

just a bit hard to generate a book forum and webspace based on the minimalist idea

hi mate, as requested, here are my take on the "nothing" design :)

that didn't quite work did it :(

i think that is another bug to let Apple know about for Safari 4 :p

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/9783/nothinglogo.png

This is prob the 1 i'm gonna go with. Really wanna put this to bed. Gonna pull up a few more fonts for the word nothing and work on positions.

But initially how does it feel to you guys?

The inner arc of the n is meant to be a door way kind of into this community. Was going to have a welcome matt outside it but i looked a little cluttered.

It's not meant to be too serious. nothing is going to be a fun creative community to share and learn.

Purple apparently is to reflect intelligence so i incorporated that.
Not sure wether to have the n as a mark or as part of the word.

@chrismitchell Thanks for the input dude,

Very late, but this is my take on it.

nothing501.png

I think that was a lot nicer than what I came up with Fred :) good on ya mate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back