Logo stress. How do you brand "Nothing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input guys.

Decided on the final a while ago.

Basically wanted to convey a sense of playfulness as the quotes and explanations within the book are a bit esoteric.

The white background is default but will have different colours behind it throughout to show that it is just a wire frame black key line.

Kind of trying to encase "nothingness" within the black key line, like grabbing nothing and trying to display it while the book explains the philosophies behind it.

If that makes any sense

wireframe.jpg

You see, it's quite philosophical, wouldn't you say? So why not do something in the form of this? Use words you can use to describe "nothing" or what it is.

i still prefer Fred's.

this seems bulky, complicated and 'fat' - not what i'd associate with nothing, in fact it's quite substantial :)

The only problem with my logo is possibly readability issues. Thankfully it seems most people can understand it says 'nothing'.

Cheers for the kind words though Romack :)

Just makes me think of Muhammed Ali, just have the words

Impossible is...

Not sure Adidas would be too chuffed though :D

There is no such thing as nothing. When one describes something as nothing, all they're doing is placing zero importance on it and that is a matter of personal choice.

We could describe empty space as nothing which is essentially what's been done with that logo. But is it really empty? I guess not, not when you consider the minute matter we have floating about in it for example.

So that should give you a clue as to what to do logo-wise. The one you've come up with doesn't do it for me, personally.

Yea thanks for all your help. I don't know how to close threads but this logo was used for the final project at uni.
Passed, got a 2:2
so yea this thread really is done.

And silver you are right there is no such thing as nothing in the sense that there isnt anything before you, but when you break nothing down you find that it can potentially describe the absence and presence of everything simultaneously.

A lot of people (in fact everyone that has produced a nothing based project i have seen so far) tend to go with the normal ideology of nothing meaning the "non=existence of everything" like Fred.

But i wanted to explain how the "normal" way of perceiving nothing is actually impossible.

The word nothing is only a concept. You cannot ever have nothing. As silly as it sounds, if you can think it, then it can exist (within your head)

its the same principle of saying

"You don't know what you don't know"

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back