Logo review

Jordan

Hello everyone, just looking for some feedback on a logo design I am working on.

The brief was to create a logo for a new fragrance company who sell to both male and female.

They wanted something which is simple and elegant, the name of the company is being called Dazzle.

Please can you review one my intial ideas and give me some feedback, thanks

i1b19u.jpg

Jordan

oh it's meant to be for a fragrance shop.... thought you were designing for some sort of cleaning product...

Honestly I'd go back to the drawing board with this one, the design you've picked doesn't say perfume etc to me

Hi Levi

thank you for your feedback, technically it is a cleaning product :rolleyes: . It doesn't help with the client calling her business 'Dazzle'

I don't understand what you mean by "the design you've picked doesn't say perfume etc" If you look at the likes of Chanel for example simple use of font with a symbol. With what you're saying you could say their brand looks like they supply horse shoes, not high quality merchandise.

Infact I would say look at every fragrance brand pretty much all of them use simple, elegant typfaces.

It's your call if you want to stick with this direction but that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it, seriously its says cleaning product to me. And fragrance is a masking product, it's used to 'hide' body odour :p

Chanel uses the 'CC' logo, not to mention a different style of font, like a majority of other 'design houses' they use a serif/sans-serif type instead of the 'hand written' style you've picked, I'd even argue that typeface you've picked is the complete opposite of the 'simple and elegant typeface' you're reference. .

The 'sparkle' you've chosen doesn't help because that to me is linked to just about every 'shine producing' cleaning product... thinking about it that sparkle could also 'just' pass for jewellery.

If it was me I'd be heading towards the more classic 1920's to 1950's style of typeface, the era of classic elegance, art deco etc instead of the hipster style you've gone for now

I'm with Levi on this one.

If you actually take a look at any of the luxury fashion labels, you will notice that they are, for the most part, text only logos. They don't have sparkles, their logos aren't presented at an angle and they don't use the sort of typeface that you have chosen.

I honestly just asked my partner (works in accounts) what industry she thought that the owner of that logo belonged to, and without being able to read the tag line (she was a little way from the monitor) or having been shown any other comments, she said theatre or cleaning. My first thought was possibly a clothing brand, with that style of typeface, similar to Super Dry.

I think you do need to look at the other fragrance brands and compare them with what you've got, because they aren't all that similar and I think you could come up with something a bit more elegant.

Yeah I'd drop the sparkle, personally. I don't think anyone is saying that you have to use the same typefaces as everyone else, but at the same time, what you have right now (even with some small tweaks) isn't going to be the only solution for this project.

What were some of your other concepts?

It's the sparkle that is messing you up. Get rid of that.

Then, I think if you had a lighter sans serif font for "Fragrance shop" you would be getting somewhere. That looks really western what you have currently.

Thanks for the feedback, its a simple black and white design just for concept purposes to see if going in right direction. Design has already been signed off and is in use. They wanted a metalic gold gradient colour. The client acutally really wanted the sparkle on,

Here is the final design that was signed off

2u43a6t.jpg

Jordan

On some jobs you have to listen to a client to get paid. Its not my taste tbh but thats what they wanted. I hate gradients especially gold ones.

Jordan said:
On some jobs you have to listen to a client to get paid. Its not my taste tbh but thats what they wanted. I hate gradients especially gold ones.
I have just finished the most horrendous project...

Jordan said:

That's the difference in between being a designer and an artist.

Back