Logo Review

Jordan

Hi all

Attached is a logo that is for a project at uni. I am looking for some feedback and thoughts about it.

We had to think of a company, choose a name and then brand it with a two for one logo.

My idea was for a kit that you could buy at festivals that offer a way to refresh ie spray, gel, mini tooth brush ect.

The name doesn't mean much, if its for a brand?

It makes me think of a music logo... with the note upside down on the left... not sure- could you explain the logo to us please?

b sharp to look sharp and b# musical note. The symbol is a face made with musical notes to represent a wink and the letter b is supposed to represent an ear?

listen to music and look good is basically the message I am trying to communicate.

Is it ironic? There is no B# note (or E#).

I quite like it. It look sas if the little guy has half a moustache.

Have a look at hygiene/styling brands - many of the colours are citrus-y, zesty, bright colours, combined with black to give the colours punch. Yours are a bit muted, pastel-y; Kind of hints at a serene product, maybe for help sleeping. You need to know your market - teens/twentysomethings. Look at the stuff they like/buy/listen to/share etc.

Again, I quite like the concept, but I feel the name is getting a bit lost. Give it a real sharp, cool edge and I think the message will come across.

Could it be "Be Sharp" and let the viewer make the connection to the musical symbol?

The colours remind me of dental hygiene for some reason. my aim with the colours was to look cool and fresh..

When this was originally created the colours where more striking with a hints of red. but for some reason it didnt really work so me and my tutor played around with some colours and ideas..

I will try and find the original and post them up too.

Originally its was Be Sharp but the 'e' was later dropped. as it looked better.

I'm not sure if this is hitting the mark here. I'd be more inclined to follow a more typical music festival aesthetic, rather than trying to be too clever with icons etc. that will probably be overlooked. You just need to keep it simple and clearly communicate what you're offering.

Back