Logo Redesign

easyhateoven

Can someone walk me through/show me how to re-design/re-create this logo. I have trouble connecting the lines to the font (neuropolitical) and keeping the border/stroke to it without it disconnecting/breaking up. I created type outlines as well. Attached is what the recreation should look like. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!

Attachments

• os-logo.jpg
    os-logo.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 15
What do you mean by "disconnecting/breaking up"?

What I would do is set the text, convert to outlines and draw all the white elements so they work with a matching stroke and then outline the stroke.
Once happy you can duplicate that, paste it behind and then either put a stroke on that or offset the path to get the outline/border.
Whichever works best.

Maybe you could take a screen grab and post to show where you're having difficulties?

[Edit: Scotty beat me to this, damn him!]

The underline makes it read like 'consite shine'.

Assuming you're using illustrator, place the image you're tracing on a locked layer at 50% opacity. Work on a new layer, using the lower layer as a guide. You could use the Rounded Rectangle Tool to build the shape of the underline, adjust the stroke width to taste, then outline the stroke and trim it to taste. Type out the font then track, kern and resize it accordingly.

This is typography, which really stands within the remit of graphic design over illustration - but it's often a blurry distinction and I'm being anal.

Back