Logo project... help!!!

johnmadox

Hi everyone,
I have to make a logo about quentin tarantino the famous Hollywood movie director. Could anyone give me any good suggestions? I have done the research steps and he is mostly known for the blood and violence that he uses in his movies. But i wanted to have something else than blood, guns etc in the logo as these things are too obvious? So if anyone could help me with any good suggestions i would appreciate it alot.
Tnx in advance

Yeh this is what a graphic designers job is. Do your homework. Post what you come up with and I'll happily critique it. But mostly do your own homework.

Ditto what Hank says. You're not really helping yourself if you let others do the thinking for you. Get some sheets of paper and a pencil
and get doodling some ideas. Make some lists, do some more research on him and logos generally and something will come up.

Ditto what Hank says. You're not really helping yourself if you let others do the thinking for you. Get some sheets of paper and a pencil
and get doodling some ideas. Make some lists, do some more research on him and logos generally and something will come up.

Yeah i know, just not coming up with any creative ideas for a person. Thats why i was asking for any suggestions.

In that case, key thing is what the graphic is for. I couldn't give any pointers for anything without knowing how the graphic was being used.

Ok. I would start with just his surname, which is quite unique. See if there's something you could with the letters or just the T or something.

If you want to be really clever, you could make it a bit like a poster. Google Olly Moss and others. Think outside the box.

I thought the suit and tie a lot of his characters wear was something of an iconic identifier? Check out the identity he used for his "A Band Apart" production company as an example.

I like Wardy's suggestion of doing something with the presentation format that relates to his industry.

Ok. I would start with just his surname, which is quite unique. See if there's something you could with the letters or just the T or something.

If you want to be really clever, you could make it a bit like a poster. Google Olly Moss and others. Think outside the box.
Thanks this is very usefull.
Thanks alot

I thought the suit and tie a lot of his characters wear was something of an iconic identifier? Check out the identity he used for his "A Band Apart" production company as an example.

I like Wardy's suggestion of doing something with the presentation format that relates to his industry.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes he actually uses it alot in his movies
Thanks

'Logo' is a term thrown around too much these days when people just mean a graphic device, but it seems you do mean as an identity, which means it has to ALSO be identifiable really small, in black and white, and still be legible. Less is more – so simplicity is key for maximum impact.

'Logo' is a term thrown around too much these days when people just mean a graphic device, but it seems you do mean as an identity, which means it has to ALSO be identifiable really small, in black and white, and still be legible. Less is more – so simplicity is key for maximum impact.
Yess, exactly thats the intention though.

You may want to begin with doing some research. Build up a presentation.

One page with iconic typography from his films.

Another with imagery from his movies.

Another with different typefaces.

Another around Tarantino himself... His personal style.

Another with logos etc associated with him.

Well, i'll try using some blood in the logo but at the moment i'm trying to figure out how to logo should be.
I'll try to something with the initials QT. But still in the thinking phase at the moment

Well, i'll try using some blood in the logo but at the moment i'm trying to figure out how to logo should be.
I'll try to something with the initials QT. But still in the thinking phase at the moment

Don't take me literally John. Maybe it's best to push the blood to one side.

As it's a school project I don't think anyone is going to expect something award winning.
Maybe do something that you can explain your reasoning behind it, even if you do say that you asked on a design forum as it shows a lot of initiative.

As it's about QT himself rather than his films why not make it about the man?
Not sure if you have Photoshop or Illustrator but you could download a nice high res photograph and use that as a base and cut it out and posterize it in PS or AI.
You could try and source a copy of his signature and use that (Stan Lee does) and combine it with his photo putting his name in some nice text below.

Just a thought.

Back