Logo pricing help.

Artman3002

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions. I just got commissioned by a streamer to create a logo for him. I am charging him 140 dollars for it, but I am not sure if I charged to low for my sake. I read that a reasonable logo is usually priced around 100-300 dollars.

Also, he told me that he might sell the logo via shirts and other merchandise. Should I expect some residual payment in the future?
Thank you, I appreciate any help.

Its Ok for 140$ for this client, you can increase your logo price for new clients. Regarding residual payment you can talk to the client, and definitely you will get.

Its Ok for 140$ for this client, you can increase your logo price for new clients. Regarding residual payment you can talk to the client, and definitely you will get.
So how do I go about the residual payment? Should I have them sign a contract? Also, how much should I take? Like 5 to 10 percent per shirt, or?

Thanks for the response

Also, he told me that he might sell the logo via shirts and other merchandise. Should I expect some residual payment in the future?

Fuck that - charge him for the logo - if he wants to sell t-shirts with the logo on it that's his business.

If I was paid commission for every logo I designed for a startup company I'd have zero money.
Who is he selling it to? Why would they buy it?
0 sales = 0 commission.

Charge him for the logo - if he wants to use it for a space shuttle that's his business.

You should have a contract and reasonable expectations of output - including fees for additional work not outlined in the contract, i.e., logo changes for different substrates for example.

Also depends on the time it will take for you to create. If you can get it done in 1-2 hours that would be a nice fee. Be sure to agree on how many iterations he can request though so avoid it turning into hours and hours of work. Also might have been worth rounding it up to $150 ;-D

Back