Logo Portfolio in need of fresh eyes

smadamij

Evening all.

Could anyone spare 5 minutes to have a quick look at my re-ordered selection in my logo portfolio? I've culled many and selected what I think offers a wide selection of styles I can offer but im still not happy. It's gotta be the hardest job in the world selecting your own stuff I swear.

Fresh eyes would be welcomed as I'm about to design my mobile site and want this settled before I kick that off. I know not everyone will like them all so don't worry, i've got a tough skin and ive been in this game too long to take too much notice haha.

Its really the sum of the parts I'm after - does it show enough/too much. Ah jeez, im talking too much. Over to you...

Logo Design Manchester | Logo Design from £179 | Unlimited Revisions | Affordable Logo Design

Much appreciated as ever,

Cheers

Jim

wow, this one is quite a nice looking set. are these just sample works, or are some of these already being used by your clients? i really like how you kept everything as simple as possible.

Thanks Donald, appreciate it, they are all 'real', commissioned, paid for and in use by the companies involved. Some are still in transition and awaiting a website rebuild (ahem, thats what I should be doing right now haha).

I just wonder if the strongest is at the top left (that's my current favourite) etc....

I think it's a good collection, but the one in the top left needs a bit of tweaking in my opinion. The ovals in the background should be kept away from the text by making the ovals a little smaller and moving the text down slightly. I do like it though, it's good!

A couple of your logos suffer from disproportionately small text/design elements which need to be addressed or at least considered in future design work otherwise you're going to run into the issue of logos looking horrible when they're either printed or scaled down.

Cheers Squiddy, appreciate your comments and feedback mate.

I know what you mean regards the smaller point sizes. Im totally with you to be honest. Unfortunately sometimes the client forces an issue and adds a word (or 3) against my advice. Know what i mean ;) Maybe I should showcase the version I created, not the final amended version after the b*ggers, ahem, I mean valued clients, send it out to design by committee with their dogs, wives, friends, postman haha.

Oh dear.. yet more casualties in the war against design terror! The horrors and atrocities that some people commit never cease to amaze me. I know exactly what you mean, you come up with a personal best, they don't like the font and want you to use comic sans or papyrus because it looks more unique... they think that you should use garish and horribly contrasting colours instead of the nice palette that you've chosen... I wish clients would stop thinking :(

I would personally revert to one you designed before their 'involvement', I'm certainly going to be doing so when I finally get round to finishing my site and uploading the work. There's a slight worry that they might turn around and ask why you're using that one, but I would simply explain to them that this version simply looks more professional and the reasons behind that opinion.

Thanks JimLad - I've come to love that duck. We did start off on a Keith Harris, Chuckles and Orville routine at the initial sketching stage though.

I kept muttering "I hate that duck" under my breath as I couldn't get him right no matter how many sketches I made. Eventually I got him right and now he sails up and down the canals of North West England and I dont eat crispy duck from the Chinese no more ;)

smadamij said:
Thanks Donald, appreciate it, they are all 'real', commissioned, paid for and in use by the companies involved. Some are still in transition and awaiting a website rebuild (ahem, thats what I should be doing right now haha).

I just wonder if the strongest is at the top left (that's my current favourite) etc....

wow, that one is definitely impressive. and all of these are commissioned work, now that's definitely something. in my case, i think the Dragonfly log (the first one on the third row) is i think the coolest one that you have here.

Back