Logo needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

James976

Hello,

We are in need of a logo designing for a side of the business I work for. We are in the motocross industry and we are starting to spread out into the shirt printing and bike graphic kits side of the industry.

What we are looking for is someone to design us a logo for the business that will be called 'RACE ID', we're looking for a type of symbol that people will associate with 'RACE ID'.

Quite short but please ask if you have more questions!

A few logos that we like in our industry are:
Transworld Motocross
Racer X
One Industries
Zero Nine MX

Or if your know of the agencies that designed these logos also that would be great.

Many thanks
C

Hi Craig,

First off welcome to DF :)
Secondly, you have a web address in your signature that suggests you're a freelance designer so a little confused as to why you're posting a tender thread? Also, would recommend posting an indication of a budget for the work, always gets more interest then.

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the welcome and looks a good design forum..

Yes I can see how this looks confusing.. I set my freelance business Jan 09 and then in June 09 I got a full time job at the company where I work now, and have registered this site to my freelance business as I will be using it more for myself rather than the business I work for... hope this makes sense now :D

My boss came up to me this morning asking if I can post a thread on some forums asking people if they will be interested in creating us a logo for this part of the business, it is something I asked if I could give it ago also - the reason for this being (I think) is because I have worked for the company for 7months and tend to stick to the guidelines... I have asked if I can also do this and he has agreed so I will be working on this to but he may not like what I produce.....

as for budgets there isn't really... nothing stupid of course but for a high quality logo/brand we would pay....

cheers

Hi Craig,

OK thanks for clarifying that! I don't think you'll get too many responses without a budget, but you may get a few standard quotes :)

A member on the forums, Glen Wheeler, is a very big fan of motorsports and F1, so he might be a good person to contact, definitely the kind of area he's interested in!

Thanks,
Greg

Seconded Glen is the motor sports nut.

I am a tshirt nerd though, and would agree that some sort of number wouldn't hurt.

Agreed, talk to Glen, he need's somebody to talk to about fast cars and stuff,
He keeps banging on about it all the time...over and over and over and over....

I guess that night out with his ex didn't go to plan....

...so adopt a Glen and get a cheap(ish) logo to boot...sorted.

Ohhh I heard an engine start from this thread so thought i'd pop a long and see what was what! I'm definatly intereested in the job, have a few years knowledge of illy (Illustrator) whats the budget and have you got a more in depth spec Craig? Drop me a PM when you get a second will be happy to take a look and have a go for you. Welcome to DF...are you an F1 fan too?..if so which team and which driver???

**Sits and waits for response, looks at watch 00:51**

craig.5br said:
My boss came up to me this morning asking if I can post a thread on some forums asking people if they will be interested in creating us a logo for this part of the business, it is something I asked if I could give it ago also - the reason for this being (I think) is because I have worked for the company for 7months and tend to stick to the guidelines...

Ha! I can smell this from 300 miles away, Quick expedient solution. See if it works. Ha! Free work. Tell your boss that people on the forum saw thru his ploy and nobody was interested as they wanted a brief and a budget ( just like real life) That will stop him dabbling in trying to find free work. - Tell him another Boss told him to s*d off and get his money out of his pocket and his lazy arse in gear.

I think that once you've been here for a while you can get help with making things right, but not for free straight off the bat! :eek:

WOW seems a nice place already after being grilled on my first post...

No-one has mentioned about any type of freebie! my boss is a established business man and is not afraid to pay a price if the job is going to be done correctly! Simply I was expecting people like glen to say they were interested and PM them with more of a brief and ask for there rates...

I think you are also forgetting I'm a designer myself and wouldn't ask for a freebie!

thanks for your reply berry.....

Hi Glen,

Sorry not really a F1 fan, more into mountain biking and graffiti myself..

I will PM you shortly with more of a brief etc

Many thanks

craig.5br said:

No-one has mentioned about any type of freebie! my boss is a established business man and is not afraid to pay a price if the job is going to be done correctly! Simply I was expecting people like glen to say they were interested and PM them with more of a brief and ask for there rates...

I think you are also forgetting I'm a designer myself and wouldn't ask for a freebie!

personally i didnt think it was a freebie post, but im glad to see berry's actually back to the forum now :p

i'm sure you'll get a few PMs with a better explanation of background and where you're going blah titty blah blah (aka a brief!)

craig.5br said:

It is a nice a place. first post grilling or not.
Your post was not informative enough with specific details. Therefore the my reply is based on information received. You have to be specific in tender request otherwise expect a hailstorm from members. As a fellow designer you have to work of briefs and information supplied and our response is based on your efforts. We get countless freebie/ zero budget requests and they all get shown the door.

As a newbie it was a very strange first post coming from a designer + Boss + unspecific information = response

There are lost sof good designers on here that will produce great work for anyone, but you have to understand that there have been a lot of wasted efforts and some guys are still awaiting payment on such fullfilled tender requests. So it's a tender subject.

Hope you get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back