logo for funsies

ninjoomoo

hey oh

No idea how i found this brief, was originally posted by Berry - thought i'd take a crack at it while i was at work for fun and see what you guys thought. It's obviously unfinished, but i guess i really want your opinion! Thanks guys.

Attachments

• fishbox_brief.jpg
    fishbox_brief.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 21
  • fishbox_logo.jpg
    fishbox_logo.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 39
straight away i'd say get the scroll lower and behind the shield in where it needs to be. At the moment it look kinda like you have each thing on its own layer and they are not interacting with each other.

I've been doing loads of research into family crests (and similar looking things like this) and any shield is given a central priority and the scroll is usually lower, near the bottom, so you can see the detail on the shield.

hope that helps.

yeah i'll get the ends of the banner curling in behind the shield, because originally the banner was below the shield, but a quick glimpse of it from my brother, who has no design background, said it looked like it belonged to a school.. a fish school, so thought i'd change it, make it look tighter.

thanks mrp :)

Could you put each fish into the empty spaces in the shield itself? Is a fish school a school for fish, or a school about fish, or did you mean a school of fish? :D

Tom Sound said:
Could you put each fish into the empty spaces in the shield itself? Is a fish school a school for fish, or a school about fish, or did you mean a school of fish? :D

good point about the fish on the shield, shame about the joke.

good example of a well executed shield/crest

villa-maria-sauvignon-2005.jpg

Strange how you chose that Mike.. I worked on the Villa Maria labels when I worked in New Zealand, not one of mine there.. I did the black label special reserve wines :)

chrismitchell said:
Strange how you chose that Mike.. I worked on the Villa Maria labels when I worked in New Zealand, not one of mine there.. I did the black label special reserve wines :)

I've been told they are a fair drop of plonk. It was the first thing it could think of that had a sheild on it.

Lets see yours then!

Howabout putting some life into the fish?
They look a tad scanky. More detail, form, tone perhaps. Maybe some highlights.
Make those fish shine and look like they had just been landed.

Do it just for the Halibut.

mrp2049 said:
not bad brother, not bad at all

Cheers Mike, I worked on loads of the wine bottles other than Villa Maria while in NZ mainly because its a large business over there :lol:

Back