Logo for comments chaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

smadamij

Evening lads (and lasses)

Just created this one and wondered what your thoughts were. Client dictated the palette, wanted red, and stipulated modern, clean, sleek. Feedback and suggestions welcome!

Attachments

• GoughQuarters_Concept1.jpg
    GoughQuarters_Concept1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 60
that gradient doesn't work in my opinion. Also the 'q' in the logo looks a bit too much like a lolipop with a g in it to me.

Seems like too much is going on.
Try and use the typeface you used for the G for the business name too. might work a little better. Also I'd say loose the gradient. x

I'm surprised you didn't go down the quarters route, that's a pretty resourceful one to go for, especially as you're using circles. What did the other concepts looks like?

I think the circle needs to be a fair amount larger, and yeah I agree, it does look a little like a lollipop, perhaps get rid of the gradient and just keep an inner shadow.

I see what you mean Squiddy but the unfortunate thing is I have another company that has the name Quarter in it so I had to really try to steer my tiny head away from that logo.

Im really fading away from the gradient effect after a good sleep to be honest. Ive had nothing but grief from a printer mate who said hed rather cut his own throat than try and print that at 3/4 size.

Mind you that was half tempting lol....

I'll be revisiting this little devil tomorrow. Stage 2 beckons...

Yup, it might look good on the screen but you have to bear in mind what the client wants to use the logo for. If they want it printed on paper then you need to account for that, if they want it printed on t-shirts and other materials... yup, you have to account for that too. Otherwise you will have to keep on re-designing the logo until it's at an acceptable standard by the printer.

hmm, looks pretty good to me. though the the logo and copy don't seems a bit out of place with each other. and the logo feels more at home with an electronics company that this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back