Logo for CC

jlhbr17

Hi guys,

I am trying to put together a logo for a handyman/contractor. Essentially, he just asked for branding that consisted of some type of tool. I tried to combine two to show the different nature of work he does, but I'm starting to think it might be seen as an odd combo? When I did market research, there's already logos in the area that have things like a set of tools combined with a circular saw or two tools criss-crossed.

Can I get some feedback please?

Attachments

• CCHR.jpg
    CCHR.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 23
That just looks a bit confusing and unclear to me. Without sitting down with a pencil and paper and researching some tools, I'm pretty sure you could make two C's from the end of
a spanner etc. Keep it as simple as possible.

Actually, the obvious thing to do is a very simple silhouetted city skyline made up of different tools.

The text needs a bit of work. I would put Central city big, with the rest underneath as small as possible.

Two C's with spanners is something I also was thinking of, thanks. I'll work with the other suggestion, too.

I was thinking about putting the text that way as well. Thanks for the advice.

I wouldn't have the words as part of the logo. Use the spanners or whatever for the logo and put the words to the side or underneath as needed.

This means you can use the logo on websites, the van, business cards, invoices and so on and make the name do whatever you want. For example on a t-short the logo coiuld be big and centered with the name underneath but on a website header you have the logo top left with the name to the right and the tagline beneath in a different colour.

Or don't have a logo at all. They are often very clichéd for tradesmen.

I actually think I'm going to have to go typographic at this point. After re-scanning local branding, I found a construction company with the same name initials and a logo that would make a double spanner logo in my case look like a rip off. I also found somebody with tools and skyline branding.

I'm still really struggling with this project.

I had some feedback that the font in this iteration is no good.

I'm trying to go with a strong display font.

What are the best sources for good fonts, free or premium?

Attachments

• CCHR.jpg
    CCHR.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 20
That looks good.
Lose the double stroke around it - it won't print at small sizes. Keep it a solid line.
Not sure what the four squares are for? A window? Why not a Screwdriver/hammer crossed in an X?

It's ok. It's looking a bit vintage/retro so you may as well go all the way. The font isn't great and you need to look at the kerning etc.
Single rule around it, why not flatten it at the bottom and try it house-shaped? If it is a window it doesn't really work, try the tools
like Hank says.

But.....

How is it going to work as a favicon or in the header on a phone. You need versions that will work when reduced in size.

Consider also that on a website you really want the name and tag line as plain text for the search engines to index.

But.....

How is it going to work as a favicon or in the header on a phone. You need versions that will work when reduced in size.

Consider also that on a website you really want the name and tag line as plain text for the search engines to index.

Favicon could be the hammer/screwdriver crossing in an X.
Or just CC in that shape etc

Mobile version
Turn the design on it's side and restructure the wording etc.
Don't see too much of an issue.

I'm now a bit more concerned are you pigeonholing the business by calling it Central City - not outer city, or city limits???

My premises got a paint job from the "<Location> Painter" - that's where I am operating from, <Location>. But I live in <A different location>, about 30-40 minutes away.

I let him know I was finding it difficult to get a painter for my house and not many were returning my call. He said he could do it.
I just said - but your company name is <Location> specific - I didn't think you would do outside <Location>... he knows his name his letting him down and effectively he's only getting work from one location now and he regrets it - wants to rebrand, but with stationery, pens, livery, clothing etc. already branded it would be too expensive!

Don't miss unknown opportunities by pigeonholing yourself in with a name!

Favicon could be the hammer/screwdriver crossing in an X.
Or just CC in that shape etc

Mobile version
Turn the design on it's side and restructure the wording etc.
Don't see too much of an issue.
No, I don't think there is much of an issue, but @jlhbr17 needs to think about the variants.

That looks good.
Lose the double stroke around it - it won't print at small sizes. Keep it a solid line.
Not sure what the four squares are for? A window? Why not a Screwdriver/hammer crossed in an X?
It's ok. It's looking a bit vintage/retro so you may as well go all the way. The font isn't great and you need to look at the kerning etc.
Single rule around it, why not flatten it at the bottom and try it house-shaped? If it is a window it doesn't really work, try the tools
like Hank says.
It doesn’t even need a line shape at all on the bottom. The upper shape is as house recognisable enough.

You should research what font to use for this company. A solid typeface that emphasises tradition and craftsmanship doesn't have to look out of date.

You should research what font to use for this company. A solid typeface that emphasises tradition and craftsmanship doesn't have to look out of date.
You should research how old these posts are that you keep answering.

Ah - necro threads!

@Bean welcome to the forums - thanks for participating.

Please be mindful of old posts - you can see the date posted is last year.
The OP has clearly not returned since so this thread is essentially dead.

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 10.07.12.png

Back