Logo Feedback

katiarum

Hi everyone, I just joined to this forum and whan to ask you for some feedback to my project.
I am a freelance designer, and my project is to create the logo for the Music School. I created the logo in Illustrator.
I would like to hear some advices what I have to change in this logo. logop2.png

It's trendy and relies on gradients, which I don't really like. I'd like to see a solid black version before I judge. I will mention two things though;

1. The bits at the top and bottom of the treble clef look like an afterthought and seem detached

2. It looks like you've just added a white circle to the centre – the curves on the sections obviously don't follow a perfect circular flow.

@Paul Murray You have a great eye. I would never have guessed it was a G-clef until I read your comment, I was struggling to figure out what I was looking at!

Before reading the description about logo, I was not able to understand the theme of logo. So my suggestion would be make the top and bottom of treble clef some what in sync. Something like dotted lines will help to understand what the logo is all about.

Hi katiarum,

The pink section looks like it's curving in the wrong direction at the top - if you look at a standard treble clef, the line flows in a single continuous direction, whereas this one looks a bit choppy. It may look more natural having the pink begin so it flows on from the orange, and have the end of the blue meet with the purple?

I agree with @Paul Murray that the top and bottom bits look disconnected - Given that the treble clef is known for it's heavy end, it may help to accentuate the bit underneath somehow.

I don't mean to have a go, but it is slightly annoying for me that everyone seems to be referring to it as a treble clef... How can it be a treble clef when there isn't a stave? A G-clef would be more understandable but even that isn't too clear. It looks like the number 6 with a flame coming out of the top and a tail at the bottom...

I don't mean to have a go, but it is slightly annoying for me that everyone seems to be referring to it as a treble clef... How can it be a treble clef when there isn't a stave? A G-clef would be more understandable but even that isn't too clear. It looks like the number 6 with a flame coming out of the top and a tail at the bottom...
Alright, nerd! :p

Let's just agree that every treble-clef is a G-clef, but not all G-clefs are treble-clefs?

Back