Logo Feedback

V17

Hi All,

I've been doodling and came up with a new logo for my business and would be extremely greatful for any feedback / constructive criticism you might have for me.

The company name is "V17". Ignoring the fact that I still need to round the finishing edges of the piercing line what are your thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• V17.png
    V17.png
    32 KB · Views: 11
Apart from the fact we don't know what the company does, it barely looks like a V. It looks
a bit like a backwards tick. Why is it crossed out?

Wardy said:
Apart from the fact we don't know what the company does, it barely looks like a V. It looks
a bit like a backwards tick. Why is it crossed out?
Your response says everything I needed to know. Back to the drawing board I go.

Was supposed to be a V and a 17. If printed on a business card you'd see it from another angle.

Atleast that was the idea. Oh well.

I think it is a typical case of spending too long on design. Fresh eyes are needed tomorrow.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

after reading that the logo was for v17 I could see exactly where you were coming from with the design. Having said that without the description I'd have struggled because to me it looks like a rotated 7 with a line going through it and 17 in roman numerals underneath.

Try playing with angles of the 7 and the '1'... I can already see a 'triangular' design if you were to make the 7 the normal way up, think the 1 at '10 o clock' and then the 7 next to it.

To me, it seems strange to mix the roman numerals with modern letters and numbers. You already have a 'V' in your
roman numerals which signifies a five, etc. Just a bit confusing.

I would go with something really simple ie with the V being the same angle as the 7.

Some really good points here, I didnt even consider the confusion between a roman numeral "V".

I really like the triangle suggestion, being the same angle as the 7. I'll dable with that idea. Thanks!

Ok, so I went back to the drawing board and couldn't make this triangle with the V17 work. I did how ever come up with this. Its generic I know and missing the 17 but I still quite like it.. Don't ask me why I just do, there's something elegant about its minimalism.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

Attachments

• V17.78.png
    V17.78.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 4
looks ok but doesn't really say v17...

I was thinking of something more like the attached image below when I mentioned my idea above, now it needs refining (line weights, spacing etc) as it was literally a 5minute idea :)

Not saying you should take notice of my idea but if nothing else it might give you a different direction to consider that you might not have thought of.

Attachments

• v17.jpg
    v17.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3
Ha! Thats really cool I didn't even think of that. Thin lines are giving it a sort of gladiator vibe but I'll experiment with the idea and post results. Thanks! :thumbup1:

Back