logo feedback

tim

hey guys,

attached is a logo for a company called "my guide to uni" - i've got feedback off the person I'm currently working for, and he loves it. my family love it too, which is strange. what's your opinions?

logo is on post #6. :)

I like the simplicity of it but the nesw lines aren't quite right for some reason in my eyes (think its alignements)

Just curious as to what it would look like using different colours or on different backgrounds though

Below's the new, reworked logo :)

I thought it was running pretty thin before, and the alignment was defo off... I've also added two gradients just to add a nicer feel to it :)

myguidetouni.png

ahhh... constructive criticism, thank you very much :p

is that a "no, i don't like it"?

surprised that didnt class as a BB BoL quote too?! :p

tim-ater said:
is that a "no, i don't like it"?

Sorry, it's No from me... ( do I sound like Simon Cowell?)

I think the concept is fine but it needs fine tuning and exploring much more.
Choice of font, weights, kerning, balance and colour.

I'd like to know what's the primary usesage of the logo.

Berry said:
Sorry, it's No from me... ( do I sound like Simon Cowell?)

I think the concept is fine but it needs fine tuning and exploring much more.
Choice of font, weights, kerning, balance and colour.

I'd like to know what's the primary usesage of the logo.

in regards to font, weight and colours: i was instructed to use Myriad Pro, Bold and #38a0b4 in the logoo.

Primary usage? Sorry, I'm having a "ehh? wtf does that mean" day.

I love the idea and concept. But I agree with Berry, it needs a bit of fine tuning. Perhaps try to reduce the character spacing a bit? Really nice work though Tim, I think it'll be a great logo when it's finished.

Thanks Aarlev, I appreciate it :)

@Berry - i wasn't trying to be a tw*t or nothing... it's just me joking around :)

I think you need more contrast between the words. I see your separating the words with the color change, but right away i read the logo as one word, try balancing it with with some words bold and some regular. Also the N and S for the compass are to big. Try also making the compass idea on the dot of the i instead of the O, because right now on the O i feel like its more of the cross hairs on a gun rather than a compass.

Timmy!

You need to take a look at your kerning..is a bit wide at the moment.

More importantly, I'm not getting your concept. Back to basics > I certainly wouldn't associate a compass with a university. If it was a camping shop, or a guide to the scottish highlands, maybe I'd get it. I think you need to come up with a more relevant subject. A pint of lager perhaps??

Much love!

jHouse said:
Timmy!

You need to take a look at your kerning..is a bit wide at the moment.

More importantly, I'm not getting your concept. Back to basics > I certainly wouldn't associate a compass with a university. If it was a camping shop, or a guide to the scottish highlands, maybe I'd get it. I think you need to come up with a more relevant subject. A pint of lager perhaps??

Much love!

:p

That "Much Love" part made me laugh :p

You're right, the basics are a bit shite, as Berry said too (I just didn't understand!) - i'm also working on le kerning now :)

The basics were originally there because of the name, but I have no idea why I stuck to tihnking inside the box.

epic fail.

will feed back laater.

By the way, you or anyone else is NEVER going to come up with a concept that EVERYONE likes, thats life - so don't be put off by some peoples criticism.

br3n said:
By the way, you or anyone else is NEVER going to come up with a concept that EVERYONE likes, thats life - so don't be put off by some peoples criticism.

I would agree too. It's important that everyone understands that by posting or asking for crit/comments you will get a blanket of replies from different people, with different expriences, diffeent backgrounds and different tastes and opinons. These all have to be taken into consideration, measured and applied or discounted dependind on your needs. Applying all the random comments may completely screw your original concept up. Crit is not a 'committee' solution. It must all be measured and considered thoughtfully, We are not all right here ( apart from me!;)) Design is subjective after all.
'Schoolboy' errors, the obvious howlers are the easiest to point out and rectify and get people back on the fast track.

Well I quite like it. Font choice seems fine to me (even though it wasn't yours) but I agree kerning could do with a tweak.

The concept isn't bad, I just think it unbalances it a little with the N and S there, but without it I wouldn't understand it's a compass.

Overall, not a bad logo, I've certainly seen far worse Tim. Definitely don't give up, you've seemingly got the raw talent, keep at it :up:

As Berry said, it will be hard to know what to say wihotu a brief...
anyway I should mention that -although the concept looks fine- you don't want to reduce that logo much... the exteme size difference in the fonts will complicate things. maybe you can achieve the same effect with something more iconic rather than the letters N and S.

Back