Logo Feedback Please

TomStutt

please can i have feedback for a logo i did for my sisters dance group that she is apart of.

thanks

tomstuttdesign-albums-logos-picture526-distractionlogo.jpg

Hi Tom,

Good start. I like the pink one. Gives a funky feel to it (to me anyways :)). But I'd suggest moving all the letters closer together and look at the kerning as well. You've got way more space between I and S than between C and T for example.

Also I'm not sure about the symbol. It doesn't really say dancing to me. Maybe you could incorporate a simple illustratation of a dancer? Perhaps a silhouette or something (along the lines of Move It for example http://www.moveitdance.co.uk/ ). You could have a dancer doing a handstand or whatever on one of the letters or make one of the I's into a dance move?

Anyways just my 2 cents. Hope that helps in some way!

Thanks,
Soren

thanks aarlev for your feedback. good ideas. i was trying get something that looked like movement but also could look like the letter 'd'.

It's because Tom had uploaded the image to the DF portfolio/image section, all work images uploaded go into a moderation queue to prevent people joining loading up some random photos and never actually posting (hence me and Aarlev could see them as mod's)

Tom I have accepted the image for the time being, but please just upload completed projects to the portfolio section rather than using it as an image hosting area, check out photobucket or similar for that purpose. Also, please remember to post any feedback requests into this section of the forum and title appropriately, saves the mod team moving it each time, thanks!

Greg

(Here's the direct image link - Design Forums - UK Graphic Design & Web Design Forum - TomStuttDesign's Album: Logos - Picture)

the link didn't work the first time I came on this thread either, it is now though :confused:
Maybe theres a slight issue with the forum and images :confused:
As to the designs - I agree over the text spacing and the swirls, the swirl says coffee to me for some reason

not a great lover of this. The type is a bit twee and does not have great clarity fro readabilty.
the swirl or graphic 'd' is just a plain distraction ( no pun intended) it causes too much confusion and I 'm trying to find the relevance of it.

For me, the logo says more coffee shop and the main text 'distraction' seems more 'techno' than 'dance'.
It's hard not to be cliche with it, but I do think something more fluid might work? imo...

RossAdams said:
If it's funky you're after why not go retro and adapt this quick idea?

That's cool Ross. But I think it would be hard to make out the company name if the logo has to be reproduced in small sizes for Business Cards, Stickers etc..

Aarlev said:
That's cool Ross. But I think it would be hard to make out the company name if the logo has to be reproduced in small sizes for Business Cards, Stickers etc..

Fair point my friend, something for Tom to consider, I just had a vision that as a dance company it would be big banners and posters instead of the more corporate look :)

Could be applied as a text based logo, and then the cassette idea could be used as a basis for the business cards and stickers?

I think that would be rather cool.

mrp2049 said:
Could be applied as a text based logo, and then the cassette idea could be used as a basis for the business cards and stickers?

I think that would be rather cool.

Yeah that would be really cool actually!

Flying out the door so a very quick mock up, so quick i didn't notice my typo :mad: but you're right, they could make pretty cool cards or stickers

Hope it gives you some new avenues to try Tom!

Am I only one who actually thought the cassette idea was better suited to a music company than a dance company :confused:

Levi said:
Am I only one who actually thought the cassette idea was better suited to a music company than a dance company :confused:

Yeah I guess it would suit a music company better. It would work if it was breakdance though. 80's Ghettoblasters etc..:)

Back