logo feedback please dudes

Dan_masoomi

heres the brief...

What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
Variations: Popcornpalooza, Popcorn Palooza, PopcornPalooza -- The spacing and spelling is open to creativity. What works best for you.

What is your industry?
Snack Food, Gourmet Popcorn, Confectionery, Specialty Food

Describe the target audience for your logo
Our audience is generally a female skew aged between 25-55.

Characteristics:
Above average income
Does research online
Purchases premium food products
Likes chocolate

What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
- We are a FUN brand (Think Ben and Jerry's meets Orville Redenbacher).

- We are a premium snack product. Again, think of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Its about quality, not quantity.

- We want to invoke an emotional response of peace, comfort, and joy. Escape your hectic workday and indulge in a batch of decadent handcrafted popcorn.

What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
We like typeface and/or typeface + logo. Leave your Helvetica in the toolbox though.

What colors do you want to see in your logo?
Our brand color is purple, so we would like to see either the use of purple OR colors that complement well with purple. It is not a requirement to use purple in the logo, but if not, it must complement well with a background color or purple. You have the freedom to experiment with shades of purple.

3353838_1298523558697537.jpg

3353841_1298524324289096.jpg

My first impression is that this would look great on some packaging. It's got that slightly warped look about it that would appeal to the younger end of the demographic you mentioned, but it won't appeal as much to the 35-55 year old woman.

You may have an issue in resizing this small enough to fit on packaging. Details like the highlights of the bubbles and the tiny highlights on the typography will be lost when the logo is 2cm square. Consider removing them.

As there will be times when the logo will need to be separate from the text, you might want to better resolve that last line dropping from the lower right hand side of the logo onto the A.

I don't have too much of a problem with the shapes inside the typography, but it does decrease legibility and I'd like to see the type without the modifications. I'd also like to see a very simple stock photo mockup of how this would look on packaging.

I would do research into similar products for that age group and see if there are any design cues you could pick up on.

Just a quick post to say I moved this post to the feedback section & thanks for posting full details, it makes a nice change to get all the info with the work. I'll post some feedback when the screen isn't so blurry (it's the end of a long day!) :)

Back