Logo Feedback/ Critique from professional please!

LetterbocGifts

Hi all!

This is a potential logo for online gift company that sells gift sets in boxes that fit through the letterbox. 'Postable gift hampers' you may say, target market pre-dominantly females 20-60 years old. These are to be sold as presents for any occasions, a thank you gift, birthday gift, congratulations, 'get well soon' box etc. The contents vary box by box, but some include candles, soaps, chocolate etc. All British made suppliers in every box.

I am looking for thoughts from professional designers, honest critique and useful pointers. Do you think the concept works? Are minor changes needed or a whole new idea?

Many thanks!

Logo1.jpg

I like the idea of having it inside a rectangular box as representation of a letter box, but it is all rather underwhelming for me. Uninspired font choices and poor kerning. No colour either, which isn't always a factor but since this is a logo for a gift company, I would expect an element of colour, as when you think of the word 'gift' other associative words like, excitement, surprise, fun, happy, smiles, pop into mind; all colourful, positive words that come with receiving a gift.

I'm also not especially sold on the idea of a square standing for a circle; it's clear enough that the box is in place of an 'o' but the longer I look at it, the more awkward it gets.

Good idea - poorly executed. I'm afraid some critiques require a heavysweater, so please don't be offended.

Letterboxes have a lip to start with, to open the box.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fan...0RTbCh3-Fwo7#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=letter+boxes

There's so many variations - you could have your box being the gift and it says Letterbox Gifts on the front, in an engraved fashion.
Which would be great for printed marterials to have this embossed and perhaps gold ink or gold leaf.

Just think about it more and come up with some sketches and different ideas, then hit the computer and make it there only after the sketching periods.

Go for a more finished polished look.

You're on to something - but there's so much more.

As Hank says, you need to think about this a lot more, it could be really nice.

I think the main problem with your logo is you're showing a box/present that can't actually be put through a letterbox! I also think it
would be better on two lines as it's making it a bit too long and narrow.

Logo Feedback Please!

Hi all!

This is a logo for online gift company that sells gift sets in boxes that fit through the letterbox. 'Postable gift hampers' you may say, target market pre-dominantly females 20-60 years old. These are to be sold as presents for any occasions, a thank you gift, birthday gift, congratulations, 'get well soon' box etc. The contents vary box by box, but some include candles, soaps, chocolate etc. All British made suppliers in every box.

I am looking for thoughts from professional designers, honest critique and useful pointers.

Many thanks!

letterbox black.jpg
letterbox white.jpg

I prefer the first (black version), but I would remove simplify the outlines/strokes so that it's just a solid block (I'd keep an outline for the white version though). I'd also remove the distressed effect, but would definitely get a rubber stamp made up so that you can stamp boxes, packaging, etc and have the distressed effect for real.

Back