Logo designer required

GregoBecks

Hello everyone,

I represent a student society at the University of Birmingham which caters for everyone in their first year who lives at home with social events, sports teams and the like. We're called FOCSOC, the 'Freshers Off Campus' society.

Whilst our current logo represents us well, we just feel it is incredibly bland and not dynamic enough, so we are looking for something a little more exciting; yet not over cluttered and still simple and stylish. Because 'FOCSOC' does not scream out living at home, we need the logo to represent this - feel free to use 'freshers off campus society' as well.

n220408736337789.jpg

These are two examples of other Resident Association groups:

n228677481886841.jpg

n302616066245964.jpg
(tennis courts)

Our colour scheme is Blue, Black and White. You are welcome to use varying shades, and we will consider additions to this as black and white are not exactly the easiest 'colours' (if they can be called that) to use, however we do want to deviate too much from our traditional colour scheme.

Finally, we also won an award for the 'Most Outstanding Resident Association' at the University ahead of 13 other halls groups. Whilst the full award name is of course impossible to include, it would be a nice extra (but not a necessity) to have something that represents this - for instance, football (some of you incorrectly call it soccer!) clubs use a star to represent Major trophies won.

The logo needs to be in Vector format preferably (or EPS), and it is required by the end of May - we need it for June 1st. We'd also like a JPEG version for a Facebook group avatar.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you are interested in this small project, also it would be preferable to view any portfolio’s you have of similar work. Oh, and obviously there will be pay involved ;)

GregoBecks said:
Oh, and obviously there will be pay involved ;)

Hi Grego,

Welcome to DF, just to let you know you'll probably get a better response if you can outline the budget for the logo design :)

Thanks,
Greg

Hey Grego.

I think you'll have to either up your budget or extend your deadline as £75 for a logo wont tempt any designers in the business but only newcomers to it that haven't got anything on the go and to get this done in less than a week is pushing it so you'll have to pay more for that too.

Good luck with it, but I think you may struggle to find a design you're happy with in that budget and timescale.

In a week and a low budget, unless you have a hyperclear vision of what you want, it would be difficult, as i am going to agree with Fred, the cost/time frame doesn't allow for revisions. So it would basically be a case of complete faith in the designer to do something you like first time.

That said, I would give it a go, if I had an hour or 2 spare.

I am interested in the project. I completely agree with the other guys regarding the budget but I am willing to negotiate close to your budget. Send me a message if you are still looking for some help.

Thanks

Back