Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Design

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by marisc88, Sep 2, 2013.

1. marisc88

marisc88 New Member

Hello

I'm looking for some critique and advice on these logo designs for my new start-up Baked Events. This is the first time i've used Illustrator so it's pretty basic. I know it needs more work but i've hit a bit of a roadblock and keep changing my mind about everything so thought i'd get some feedback.

The company produces a range of private/social events including birthdays, engagements, dinner parties, weekend celebrations etc.

Logo:View image: BE Logo 6 Selection

Your feedback will be much appreciated :)

2. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I don't get option 2 at all but 1C is the best out of those options. I would change the 'Baked' font to something more inspiring and also sort out the kerning. The colours also seem a bit 'wishy washy' might want to look into that too. But in all honesty, for a company that is meant to provide celebratory events, the logo is not very exciting nor does it provoke a 'celebratory' feeling. When I look at it for some reason I think of Baked Beans... Dunno why, it must be the fonts.

marisc88 likes this.
  3. marisc88

marisc88 New Member

Hi thanks for your comments :)

Haha the Baked Beans is funny and now you've mentioned it it's all I see. The curl of the "e" is supposed to symbolise balloons but it is a bit bean-like - maybe it needs more definition with a thinner tail. In terms of the celebratory aspect i'm trying to stay away from anything too obviously "party" so there's scope to attract the corporate market at a later date (maybe better colours would translate a more celebratory feel?). I agree about the colours - at first I chose pastel shades to differentiate from competition that are all doing obvious contrasts (Purple & Grey, Black & Pink, Navy & Pink) but as they are they're not right and I prefer the logo's in B&W. - http://postimg.org/image/61eh2liwz/

The second logo concept is supposed to be "baked" sitting atop a cake stand but maybe it just doesn't translate.

I will work on some of the things mentioned and await more feedback.

Thanks for your advice :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  4. marisc88

marisc88 New Member

Hello,

So I've done a bit more on the first concept - altered the e's to define the balloons, tried a couple of other fonts (I prefer the second, simpler font - although perhaps it still stands out too much) and played about with placement adding some floating letters - this may have a more 'celebratory' feel perhaps? I'm ignoring colours for now :S.

View image: BE Logo New Concepts6

Thanks in advance

5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

The E's should sit below the baseline, never directly on it, otherwise they look like they're are floating (same with O). I get what you did with some of them floating, but I don't think it works, it breaks up the flow of the name.

I don't really like any if I'm honest, they're basically slightly different versions of the same idea. Mix it up a bit and do 6 completely different ideas: Different font, style, idea, etc. Then come back :icon_biggrin: