Logo design

Jakebeck15

Hey, i'm new to this forum, thought i'd share this logo with you lot i made a while ago, tell me what you think :)

Cheers,:icon_smile:

vinylcopy.png

Hey Jake, welcome to the forums

I think as a graphic title or banner it's ok, I can see that you made the words have the plastic vinyl look to it but you need to do more :) at the moment it's a record next to the text. They sit side by side but you could integrate the record into the text. Either by replacing the O in Studios (Studio's?) or some other way.

You could also try and make the record look less like a record, at the moment it looks like it could be part of a clipart collection, which is fine for clipart but could you make it a little more abstract?

With having the name as it is, any kind of circular image would be recognised as a record don't you think?

How will this be used? Website\Print?

Hey Jake, welcome to the forums

I think as a graphic title or banner it's ok, I can see that you made the words have the plastic vinyl look to it but you need to do more :) at the moment it's a record next to the text. They sit side by side but you could integrate the record into the text. Either by replacing the O in Studios (Studio's?) or some other way.

You could also try and make the record look less like a record, at the moment it looks like it could be part of a clipart collection, which is fine for clipart but could you make it a little more abstract?

With having the name as it is, any kind of circular image would be recognised as a record don't you think?

How will this be used? Website\Print?

Hey thanks for the reply :)

Well this design is only for recreational purposes to get a critique from people :) I'm 14 and looking to do something to do with graphic design as a job, so i'm still learning techniques with Photoshop and other programs.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll take this in and try to improve it. :)
Cheers, :)

If you are just learning my advice for logo design and most graphic design work would be to ditch Photoshop and mainly concentrate on Illustrator, vector graphics are the way to go.

Back