Logo Design

CSparkes

Evening,

Starting work on a new logo for me.

Trying to look for ideas on how name alone can be used as logo etc... apart from just good font choice.

Just wondering if anyone had links to any good examples.

Cheers

Craig

may be you could use the text in a way to to show up between negative space. ... (did I sound right...???1!!)

eg.
martin-newcombe-logo.jpg

and who can forget the fedex logo ... :D

fedex.jpg

Hi Craig,

I'd agree with 'CrazyHunk' making use of negative space is a good way to go, and uses the 'less is more' way of working much like the 'design forums' logo does'.

It's subtle but says some and is unique, all good qualities in a logo design.

If you get chance pick up a copy of logo lounge Craig, I've got a mini version of their larger book and it has a full section dedicated to initials, and typography based logos, really good for quick inspiration. The logo trends section of their blog is usually very good too > 2010 Trends article on LogoLounge.Com

Will the logo be for Craig Sparkes as the freestyle kite buggier? or Craig Sparkes the developer?

Greg said:
Craig Sparkes as the freestyle kite buggier

It will be used as the "athlete" way, like the font used on facebook page on this image.

Played around with using A from bottom used on both so was 1 large A but didnt really look great. Thats the style of font really like atm

73569_447255908433_233846823433_5571182_7484877_n.jpg

How about using the A as a float between the two A's?
Could give that sense of flight/freedom associated with the sport? (I have no idea if that's true, but thought it sounded good :))

sparkes.jpg

Back