Logo design with URL

Dee W

Hi there

Does anyone have any good examples of brands that have incorporated their URL into their logo design?

We are a B2B media startup based in London called Hot Topics. We are in the process of improving our logo to include our URL (hottopics.ht) so that when our brand is placed on other websites, or if people come across our video content on YouTube, our logo isn't mistaken for a 'hot topic' channel for that particular site...here is an example of what I mean http://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/

Any advice or direction on this would be really helpful. I have attached where we are at so far...but I know it could be much better (bearing in mind we want to keep the icon too)

Thank you x

Attachments

• Hot Topics_Master_logo_HT_Blue_2.jpg
    Hot Topics_Master_logo_HT_Blue_2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 26
Hello Dee!
Are you simply looking to place an .ht at the end or considering a full logo redesign? If you are looking to just add the .HT I would keep the font size the same across the whole logo and consider changing the color slightly to show some separation. If you are redesigning the whole thing , there may be something creative that could be done.

I think it's possible to do it, but in your case it looks awkward because of the two T's together. I think you need to have
the two words in different colours or different tints of one colour. Not keen on upper case either. If you want it to look like
a url then it needs to be lower case. At the moment, it reads as OHT at the end.

Thanks guys! I really like the idea of making them two different colours. I will have a play with different typefaces too I think, I have tried using the existing font using upper and lower case, but it didn't look quite right.
I agree with you Chris, it might be a case of a complete overhaul and redesign.

it's possible to do it, but in your case it looks awkward because of the two T's together. I think you need to have
the two words in different colours or different tints of one colour.

Back