Logo design help

admirb87

Hi guys, I'm trying to design this logo for a while now, and I'm having real trouble with it.
I just wanted to check if someone got any tipps and tricks for me.
The curves don't come out good at all when i try to design it in Illustrator, and over all the I'm
having a hard time to make it look harmonic. Where should put the anchor points?
How do I get all measurements right? Is there already a problem with my sketch?
Thx for your help.

Attachments

• shou 1.jpeg
    shou 1.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 21
Hi there!

I would suggest that you use some simple shapes to create your logo and then ajust with the pen tool.
Try to use simple shapes and the pathfinder. I think would be a great start with more accurate for you to start with.

There are some cool videos on youtube that shows what you can do with the pathfinder but try this one:

Hope it helps!
Nathalia

I much appreciate the idea of nathalia.colling, She is right, you can reck of here the simple shapes, using Pathfinder to accomplish the goal. If you look at the following example, you can get a solution.

shou-1.png

Thx a lot to both of you, your answers did help me a lot. Do you think that this task was a little bit too hard for me to do in Illustrator, as I am a beginner? Did you start off with easier tasks and designs to get comfortable in Illustrator?

I think Pathfinder would be an amazing practice for you. it would be tricky in the beginning but is trought repetition that you will get used and understand how it works.

As you get it will be easy :)

In my opinion, nothing is impossible :), you should follow some tutorials from YouTube or check some work on Icon Designing (In this work, Pathfinder is one of the most tools is used). Hopefully, that you will play a special role in this work.

Back