Logo Design & Freelancing Flick

well I deleted the other post.... is there supposed to be 2 videos or just 1

Tut! Just the top one. I pasted the embed code and that happened.

I'm going to sit down for a bit in a darkened room.

I'll go edit it for you then so it looks a bit nicer... pretty sure you can just copy the web address for vimeo like youtube, I'll check

http://vimeo.com/8714506

edit: checked and yes it's just copy the web address

That was a really good video. Got a very similar process myself, I'm sure lots do, but I did pick up a couple of new things!

I wonder how long he spent prior to recording that video, thinking about different ways of creating that logo or if it really was as easy as he made it out to look.

Same here Sean apart from I use cheap copy paper for my sketching as I get blank page syndrome from books.

I wondered that too.
I'm sure he must have had some thoughts but sometimes it just works like that and it flows.
Not every time though. :(

My internet went down today, bloody Virgin. 7am - 8pm I was sat in that corner, distraught and shaking, like a heroin addict being starved of their addiction... Finally, at 8pm when it got back on, colour seemed to return to the world :D

Anyway... there is a point to this, honest. I was forced to work on a couple of projects that I hadn't intended to do for a little while yet, one of which is a re-brand of a successful WordPress/WooCommerce plug-in. I found myself whizzing through, just like Aaron in the video!

Scotty, I use cheap stuff too. Most of my sketching is done in an A4 notepad, I just get annoyed with anything smaller. Anyone else think Mole Skin's are a waste of money?

Sean Lee-Amies said:
Scotty, I use cheap stuff too. Most of my sketching is done in an A4 notepad, I just get annoyed with anything smaller. Anyone else think Mole Skin's are a waste of money?
Moleskins - stupid waste of money although I will admit I do like the feel/look of the soft touch cover on a notebook, just seems a little more 'classy'.....so I just buy a cheaper version which isn't labelled moleskin lol. Picked up a load of 'end of line' a5 ones from Sainsbury's for about a quid each.... they're a more tan/brown shade of cover hence end of line, not a popular colour but seeing as I usually use a brown ink in my pen they seem to work fine for my needs :)

Why do I use brown ink....it's not a common colour etc when you sign things so it's harder to 'fake'. I also like the look of brown ink on paper because to me it kind of straddles that line of 'business' and 'casual' if you get me, it's a bit less clinical. Not to mention it brings back images of the historical artwork of people like da vinci.

I once bought a Moleskine and was frightened to use it and ended up losing it anyway.

I used to make myself little field note books from copy paper just to carry in my back pocket incase I had any ideas on the hoof.
I'm always jotting things down on copy paper so I can add them to the pile which I occasionally filter out.

Best thing I use are layout pads. They're cheap and I use them to refine my sketches. Love em! :D

Good video, I liked that ^_^

Moleskine's, I have a few. Two tiny ones, a larger one then a bigger one. All unused. I can't bring myself to use them :unsure:

They just seem like such a waste of money haha. Brown ink, never even seen it... and I used to have gel pens at school! Oh wait, it was chocolate :D

Sean Lee-Amies said:
Brown ink, never even seen it...
newbie designers, just aren't old enough to remember the good old days :p

When at a-level and uni I used to use blue, green and red (maybe brown too) pencil lead in mechanical pencils. Even had a black sketch pad where I used a white lead which looked really nice

Brown ink isn't common like I said, that's why I use it, it's not cheap though sadly at £2 for 6 cartridges versus like a £1 for 50-100 black/blue :(

Back