logo design for US friend.

KieCollins

hello, i do NOT promote the recreational use of marijuana, this is for a freind who lives in a LEGAL state in america.

i made this in about an hour, and YES its in photoshop. litterally because im still learning trying to figure different things out.
serious.jpg
so ye what do youse think? any feedback is appreciatted. cheers fellas

Lose the photograph - it wouldn't reproduce well.

The image of the frog is from Graphic River - and you can't use it in a logo - please ensure you've read the licensing

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 11.22.26.png

I presume the photo in the background is also acquired to personal use and not commercial, and even at that you can't use it in a logo.

In short - it's pieced together from items you found on the internet and don't have the legal right to use or sell to a client for use as a logo.

I think you need to start over - design on paper first, designs for logos have to be original. No copying.

And try your best to ditch photoshop for logo creation.

Lose the photograph - it wouldn't reproduce well.

The image of the frog is from Graphic River - and you can't use it in a logo - please ensure you've read the licensing

View attachment 6205

I presume the photo in the background is also acquired to personal use and not commercial, and even at that you can't use it in a logo.

In short - it's pieced together from items you found on the internet and don't have the legal right to use or sell to a client for use as a logo.

I think you need to start over - design on paper first, designs for logos have to be original. No copying.

And try your best to ditch photoshop for logo creation.

Okay thanks, so what website can i use thats FREE and also use for commercial?

Try scaling that image downwards, it's not going to work at small sizes like on 'stickers' they stick on a bag etc.

Also as stated photoshop is not the tool for the job either.

Okay thanks, so what website can i use thats FREE and also use for commercial?
If you want it for free it's unlikely you will be able to use it commercially.

Tell your mate to cough up and pay for a proper logo. You can then go buy the images you need.

Tell your mate to cough up and pay for a proper logo. You can then go buy the images you need.

No. No. No. You can't buy images for a logo. That's not how it works. Unless there's very specific licensing - there are occasions when you can contact the originator of the logo and ask them for exclusivity for a fee.

But other than that - you should be designing it yourself - from pen and paper - then scan and make it come to life on the screen.

https://medium.com/@LogoGeek/inside-a-logo-designers-sketchbook-3804e553809b

would never ask a mate for money or anyone at this stage im at, im not good enough to start charging people yet. unless you want a logo ? £10?

If you want to do it for free - then that's up to you. You shouldn't feel you are at a particular skill level to charge for your services.

If you're only starting out - it's good to do small jobs for family and friends, and if you want to charge litttle or nothing then that's up to you.

But at the end of the day you're providing them with a service they cannot do themselves. So it's worth something, whether you realise it or not.

Original advice stands - start from scratch - pen and paper - ditch photographs - ditch photoshop. Do it right. If you want to learn, always do it the right way.

If you want to do it for free - then that's up to you. You shouldn't feel you are at a particular skill level to charge for your services.

If you're only starting out - it's good to do small jobs for family and friends, and if you want to charge litttle or nothing then that's up to you.

But at the end of the day you're providing them with a service they cannot do themselves. So it's worth something, whether you realise it or not.

Original advice stands - start from scratch - pen and paper - ditch photographs - ditch photoshop. Do it right. If you want to learn, always do it the right way.

do you think a graphic tablet is needed?

That's up to yourself. I have never used one. And I don't know anyone who has.
Pencil & Paper. Scan and redraw in vector.

I tried using a tablet but found it counterintuitive. I can't really use one for drawing on screen either, I do all my drawing on paper with pencil, then scan it in and vectorise it. If you try it and it works for you then use one, but don't feel like you need to buy any particular gadget or hardware to be considered a designer. Design is knowledge and experience, not tools and software.

Starting from scratch is something that I've never been able to do without finding sources of inspiration. If you're having a hard time come up with ideas of your own, you can always start looking at what the industry has done in the particular field of work. That way you can start to pick up on trends.

You defiantly shouldn't go out and spend money on expensive gadgets in hopes that it will a better designer. Let's face it - Adobe software is expensive already.

I really think you've got an eye for balance. Keep up the good work, looking forward to see what you've got! :)

Back