Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Design Critique

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by iamcallumd, Sep 20, 2016.

1. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

Just been playing around with ideas, saw a store that looked like in needed a complete upgrade in terms of branding and decided to create them a logo. I went through a number of designs but this is the one I thought looked the best

Store Name: Glasgow Supplements
    What do they sell?: Protein Powders, Strength building supplements
    Reasons for the Logo:
    I wanted to create a sense of power, which is represented by the Lighting strike which is also the letter S
    I wanted to create a sense of speed which is represented by the sharp acute angles

Thoughts and Criticism welcome!

Attached Files:

2. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

Little Update

Attached Files:

3. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

4. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Not a bad start. Not sure about the strength of the colour used for the S & Supplements. I noticed you'd tidied up parts of the G, so being a bit pedantic…why keep
    the little vertical on far right of S? all other edges are pointed…..assuming the far left point on the S is a slight error?? As a re-branding exercise it would be really good
    to see how you would implement this across packaging, retail environment, press etc. that's when you can have some fun & develop other brand assets.
  5. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Those colours need changing, as you can see from the thumbnail above.

It's not really a lightning strike as it doesn't end in a point anywhere. The G is a bit ugly, and there's
    a few weights and spacing issues going on for me, and it's far too big in relation to the name. Get out
    a pencil and paper and work on it a bit to simplify it.
  6. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

Yeah definately understand you with the colours. Yeah will give it a go!

bonsdes, yeah the issue on the S is a slight error, yeah thats the next step once I refine the logo a bit more
    bonsdes likes this.