Logo design critique

bcfc10

looking for feedback on this logo, its a electronics comany selling games, stereos, TV's etc.

Picture2-26.png

68884_logo.jpg

and this.

I will admit there not the biggest band in the world, but there aren't many thrash bands in Liverpool worth mentioning, but Short Sharp Shock are the only one I can think of!

Let's just slide Godwins Law right in here and outright mention the Schutzstaffel insignia alltogether, although this looks like the militant arm of the mardi gras ;)

The word spacing seems odd to me, not quite sure why and the heights are not even, there's a 1-2px difference between each

Wee Jimmy said:
Let's just slide Godwins Law right in here and outright mention the Schutzstaffel insignia alltogether, although this looks like the militant arm of the mardi gras ;)

The word spacing seems odd to me, not quite sure why and the heights are not even, there's a 1-2px difference between each

For some reason they don't look level on this picture, but they are, in illustrator they are all level.

Can you loose the strange background please, just a flat colour looks grand!

I'm curious why you have gone from kiss/sss to a lightening blot? I'm curious why you chose either of them in the first place? They have little to do with chameleons or systems.

bcfc10 said:
company sells electrical equipment including games, stereos...
which have nothing to do with lightning :confused:

And before you say it's the electrical goods - that doesn't work with me as that's not really how electricity is made (assuming generator type - wind/damn/nuclear/coal/gas) it's usually a massive great big coil of wire with a magnet being spun round inside it which then produces the alternating current. Solar/wave obviously works slightly different.

i am a little unsure about the lightning bolt, what is the relevance? However there are many logo's out there similar.

For example the new Argos logo (which i personally don't like) what is the relevance of the lower arc under the text?

graphicrabbitstudios said:
what is the relevance of the lower arc under the text?
It's a smile - subconscious signal for happy customers, same as with amazon :rolleyes:

it was old, they want to imply a different image in todays highly competitive on-line market

I like the type, and the logo as a whole looks great, my only critical feedback would be that when i first looked at it, it didn't seem to fit into a company that sells electronics. Not sure if anyone else agrees?

Back