Logo critique

Yohn

I did this logo a while back and i'm thinking of working on it again because i feel it's just wrong, but i don't know where. I would love for you guys to point where it fails. Its meant to be a logo for a fashion house start-up.

Attachments

• rummy (rgb)-01.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 24
Hey Yohn,

I see what you've done there with the "R".

Thing is, to me I don't recognise the R right away as it's either mirrored or upside down.
Also, the bowl and the leg of the R don't connect which doesn't help with recognition.

I seem to see S and K but that's just me.

I think this one could be a challenge to get right.

I also see the S/K combination. What's in the name, is it a name picked at random, or does it have some meaning to whoever is starting the brand?

Hey Yohn,

I see what you've done there with the "R".

Thing is, to me I don't recognise the R right away as it's either mirrored or upside down.
Also, the bowl and the leg of the R don't connect which doesn't help with recognition.

I seem to see S and K but that's just me.

I think this one could be a challenge to get right.
I tried working my way around having a line connecting with both bowls, but i was unable to find a fix. I'm thinking of removing the icon and making it a logotype since it's a start-up. But I've been having trouble brainstorming any ideas as the client didn't have really much to say about her brand, saying she just wants to make money. And yeah, she said the logo has to be simple and classy.
I'm thinking using a modernist serif font to go with the classy, but another side of me is going minimalist light weight sans serif

I think the "RUMMY" part works fine as a logotype as it's simple and classy so pretty much what the client asked for.

Sounds a little like you've been handed a pretty open brief which is my idea of a nightmare.

I see knitting. Which combined with the name makes me think of old ladies playing cards at a tea room somewhere.

I thought this straightaway.

logo_cassandre-ysl.png

I think the "RUMMY" part works fine as a logotype as it's simple and classy so pretty much what the client asked for.

Thanks. So I suppose all I need to do now is to create mock-ups to persuade the client to use only the logotype.
Somewhere in my head I feel like this part is going to be stupidly hard as she has grown fond of it.

Back