Logo critique

Braddo

Hello all

I come here today to ask for peoples opinion on two potential logos please. To give a bit of context, the logo is for a new buisness my team is developing that aims to teach children in a way that is fun and engaging to encourage the student to participate in learning. The tree represents growth, as this book and accompanying app makess the student realise they have hope for creating a better future for themselves

Thanks

Attachments

• book-icon-copy.jpg
    book-icon-copy.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 21
  • logo-after-workshop-yellow.jpg
    logo-after-workshop-yellow.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 21
I'll just comment on the first one as they're basically the same but with a shoot added on randomly.

The tree seems too disconnected from the book, there must be a way to combine the two better, and the tree is
a little too detailed - I think it needs to be in the same style as the book. At the moment it seems like you've dropped in a random tree clipart.

I would have Constellect a lot bigger or bolder than the mark, with the line underneath the same length as the main name and in capitals.
You definitely need a cap R if you've got a cap L.

You could totally do something fun with negative space, like hint at the top of the pages with the branches of the tree:

20180902_134045.jpg

The name doesn't make me think of a tree though, it's makes me think of space, a mash-up of "constellation" and "intellect". The type will also be tiny when you scale the whole logo down, you should consider that.

Ditch the software and grab a pencil and paper. Draw the idea repeatedly until you can simplify it down to a number of lines and shapes in a single colour. Aim to be able to draw the main logo in less than 10 seconds and still have it recognisable. Once you've got that you know it will work and you can vectorise it.

If we take one of the examples you have and convert it to a single colour, you can see it kind of works, but could benefit from some tidying up to make it more legible at smaller scales.

treebook.png

Back