Logo Critique !!

lrdesings

HELLO- some feedback would be much appreciated for 2 designs I have done for a Graphic Design Assignment (being that of re-creating the Vegemite logo)

I would very much appreciate a graphic designer to review and critique these two designs, by answering the following questions:
a) What does the logo represent to you?
b) Is it legible? Is it easy to read and understand?

c) What is the core product/service undertaken by the business?

d) What do you think about the company when you see this? (List a range of key adjectives for them to choose from ie innovative, stylish)

e) Does it stand out and catch your eye (you may want to include a visual amongst your competitor logos)

f) Does it feel genuine?

g) Are there any technical, legal or budgetary issues that need to be considered?​
Thank you :)

Attachments

• Vegemite Logo Finals-01 2.png
    Vegemite Logo Finals-01 2.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Vegemite Logo Finals-02 2.png
    Vegemite Logo Finals-02 2.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 20
You've lost all of the years of branding that the existing vegemite brand has built up, the design, and I would class that as a singular design direction because they use the same text, feels completely outside the design that would normally be associated with vegemite, it looks like something you'd use on something aimed purely at children imo.

a) Vegemite
b) No
c) Selling vegemite
d) That this is some children's colouring competition
e) No
f) No
g) Yes - it's too small to read. I could enlarge the images but the site on the page is size it need to be recognizable and readable.

Neither improve on the original.

Back