Logo Critique

nikoloz

Hey guys,

I'm taking part in this competition where I had to design a logo for next european youth Olympic games. Its almost done, and sending it tomorrow but thought before that I would post it here so some professionals from this website might have to say something about it.

some keywords : Youth, summer, fun, abstract, sporty, modern, new, chain, friendliness.
Thanks

Untitled-22.jpg

Attachments

• lgg.jpg
    lgg.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
Guys Thank you for your comments.
I have got double feelings about this my work, either its worst logo men could ever see or its the best one :) lool

but no, seriously I have tried to remove rings but that it losses its value and becomes to simple?! if you know what I mean and looses its abstraction too. :(

Thanks for comment Jimlad,
as you have suggested i have removed 2 rings but not sure if it works now or not :)
sample_05.jpg

I have also done some different variations on it.
sample_03.jpg

this also looks like an a bird or originally pheasant which really is the symbol of this city.
sample_04.jpg

and the easiest to repeat as a drawing when in your mind maybe most memorable?

The first one definitely look better now. I'm not sure about making the rings resemble a bird or anything. But the first one is definitely less cluttered and easier to make sense of especially at smaller sizes.

I think it looks better abstract, and I quite like your initial one.
Have you tried not making the rings 3 dimensional, take out the shadow maybe?

Also, pink is quite a evocative colour - but gold is always good for Olympic based shenanigans.

captainrage said:
I think it looks better abstract, and I quite like your initial one.
Have you tried not making the rings 3 dimensional, take out the shadow maybe?

Also, pink is quite a evocative colour - but gold is always good for Olympic based shenanigans.

Dont you think that what makes this logo to stand out is the exactly the colours and the way ring-elipse looks like 3d because of its transparent half sides of it?
simple-05.jpg

I definitely think the logo looks better without the two rings that you took out.

Also, aren't the colours a little feminine? (Not sure if you're aiming for an audience of women)

Why don't you go for a slightly cleaner approach, using lines rather than circles? Although you've probably aimed to tie it in with the olympic rings. I was thinking maybe going for this kind of approach:

http://siahdesign.com/images/lesa.png

I just feel as if the mix of circles is a bit much. Maybe simplifying the graphic to follow a style like this may help. I assume you'd want to make it a bit more lively than the logo I linked though!

The first of the new images works great to me. I see what the guys are saying about the use of colours, looks like you are following on from the colours used in the London Olympics logo. Personally I think it looks good with the 3d effects, gives it body and could later be turned into great sculpture work for advertising. The only thing I would suggest is to use a new colour scheme, heep the logo how it is with the 2 rings taken out but just try a new colour set, you're definitely on the right path there.

Thanks for you comments one more time, its really appreciated.

regarding the colours, I dont see this colour especially in logo without too much rings, colours from London Olympic logo, I just looked at it and there is several variations of colours on 2012 so some of them really might be.
Also i do agree that it might be a little bit feminine, but my whole point with colours is to express bit childish, fun, and summer. I'm still trying out different colour combinations but so far this is what I like, also pink-red may be but feminine, but most women and men would associate it to love eventually :)

Guys,
The competition deadline is on monday so please comment me something now so i send most satisfying work what they will get from. :) :clap:

few reasons,
1.its only 4 rings in it
2.5 ring colour in olimpic logo stands for continents and this is only european festival.
3.its bit boring I think to use 5 ring logo and 2015 logo together all in same colours.

Back