Logo critique for BKS

tim

Hey guys,

Client #2 has got in touch with me, wanting a logo for a biking company to be printed all over biking apparel and their website. The owner was getting bored at the first logo and wanted something new. What do you think? Prefer the first or second?

Brutally honest suits me well, so feel free.

Original Logo

lion-2.jpg

New Logo
lion-1.jpg

Id take at look at the mouth mate.

And maybe the length of the mane - looks out of place.

And maybe a different font for the BKS?

Yeah, I see about the mouth area. Thanks Ross.

Any fonts recommended for BKS?

Hey Tim, your illustration is pretty good but I do actually prefer the first one.

Do they want to keep the lion image and the serif lettering?

A bit to much letter-spacing going on there, also the word-spacing between 'the' and 'making' is tighter than the rest.

Type in the word 'lion' in the search bar here to see some awesome logos. Not to copy them but for some inspiration. Keep posting up, be great to see what they go for :)

okay, one new image...

lion-4.jpg

Haha, accidently included their rival's name instead of theirs!

Need a better font still.

Is this a tooth-less lion Tim? The mouth still looks a bit strange to me.
I liked the original as it had some aggression and passion to it, almost like fire with the shapes of the mane type area. I would try simplifying it myself, and also have they considered running the lion the other way so it follows in the same direction as you read the text? Just a thought, not sure if it would work...

Good luck!
Greg

I had the lion the other way round before, looked strange, don't know why.

I'm working on the font still, and trying to put some passion back into it, instead of boring old black and white lion.

I forgot to add teeth! Oops!

Hi Tim, I'm afraid I prefer the original also, I think you've made a bit too much detail in the illustration and lost the simplicity that makes the first work well.

I think you should try and subtly evolve the first, keep it familiar to the established brand so its still recognised and try to just move it on a little...

tim-ater said:

Brutally honest suits me well, so feel free.

Original Logo

lion-2.jpg

New Logo
lion-1.jpg

The Original logo is better. You haven't enhanced the design or taken it any further.
you've only overcomplicated the graphic. Not sure you really understand where to take this design or why your taking it somewhere, and what your communication role is this process.

Big fat No from me. Miles away from the original, which is ok, but not great anyway.

Thanks Berry, always good to know where you're at.

I think I did go a bit a-wol with this TBH.

Back to the drawing board. Obviously

I've got a great idea... or so I think, for the design. Am trying to create it now, will upload in next few hours :)

lol thanks Br3n, would do, but got a new logo now.

simple.jpg

BTW, apologies, got the name SOO wrong the first time. Lucky I didn't submit it to the company owner, ehh.

I LOVE that latest logo - but for the wrong reasons

It works so well but just not for the company that it is meant to be for.

It doesnt say "BIKING APPAREL" to me at all.

Back