Logo Crit Please

CYoung

Hi, I have just changed my logo. Before you look please consider I wanted something simple and smart. I'm a freelancer and my website is curtisyoungdesign.co.uk

Any crit would be much appreciated - I've had one response from a family member saying wow and another family member saying they hate it, so I don't know where to go with it really.

Thanks

Might help if I show you the logo eh? :icon_Wall:

Curtis-Young-Logo-Black.gif

Keep in mind you will want to look at other ways your logo can be displayed, paper(white)/letterhead/monochrome/reversed, resized. It may not have the same impact on paper.
I think it's a little too big on your site compared to how simple it is, I would reduce by 50% at least so you can use it with other mediums and different web designs as the years go by.

it is harder to crit your own logo though, it should also create curiosity I think.

Thanks Kev. I do have this on a white backround as well, it's just on the website I had the black theme and decided to go with that.

On things like business cards I think it will be black, but problems could arise with other things.

Thanks again

I'd have to say nothing stands out about this logo to me to be honest. I think you should play with it a lot more, give it more variation and try things out to make it more interesting. At the moment its very plain and more like a starting point, a rough design. Just my opinion though, and a good luck

I would have to agree with andy on this one, get your sketch pad out and give it some more time. I think there is something kind of a awkward about how the cyd sits in the circle. Good luck with it.

Back