Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Concept

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by TheNoone, Mar 14, 2011.

1. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Here's the first of many concepts!

What do you think?

2. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I like the idea of the symbol and I think the text looks smart - can never quite put my finger on why but it has that modern look that so many seem to have these days of which I'm a fan.

The thing that sticks out at me though is that I feel as though the gap between Kyle and the K symbol is too wide, it just feels like it's gaping out at me like a sore thumb, particularly when the N on the right hand side is tighter to it.
  3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

The 'k' isn't entirely apparent and I read the 'n' as a 'p' (looks like 'LLP' to me). Also not crazy about the way it balances.
  4. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

I'll have to disagree with you there BigDave!
  5. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Although maybe the 'N' could do with a bit of refinement.

Cheers dedward p, Still only a concept at the moment, alot of rough edges to work on
    I was inspired by a Bauhaus piece I saw and adapted it into something of my own.
  6. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Hey! We all see things differently. It's definitely a 'p' though ...
  7. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

I don't know why but i always get drawn to the name first, then to the graphic.
    That's why I see it as 'N'. I think this is easily solved.

Does the name come after for everyone else?
    Am I alone here? haha

8. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

What if the left hand side of the N was brought up so that it was level with the bottom of both the K and the right hand side of the N?

That way, the N wouldn't be mistaken for a P and also the gap would be removed helping the balance?

Just a thought.
  9. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

The name comes for me first too.
    I really like the idea, however, it still does look like a P if you're looking at it without reading the name.
    What Deadwarp said there about changing the shape of it helping the balancing. I agree with that, the footprint of the whole thing is pretty huge?
  10. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Thanks for the sound advice, here's an updated version!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  11. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I do prefer that as I think that the initials become clearer without losing the design side of them. Maybe the gap still feels a slight touch too wide but I much prefer it :icon_smile: