Logo/Business Card Take Two.

S

Squiddy

So, after the tepid response from my previous attempt, I decided to give it another go. I've even posted it in the right forum this time.

I decided to abandon the font I was using, Imperator, it just wasn't as adaptable as I thought it was.

I have really learned a lot about business card and logo design through all of this and I think this one is a huge improvement over the previous design, however, if there are any tweaks you feel need to be made (and I'm sure there are) please let me know. In fact, I'm not sure which line to use on the front, or just get rid of it completely...

Oh and no the grey border isn't part of the business card, it's to ensure that the white tab can be seen - it doesn't seem to contrast very well against white ;)

Attachments

• logo2back.jpg
    logo2back.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 34
  • logo2front.jpg
    logo2front.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 34
  • logo2frontb.jpg
    logo2frontb.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 30
true, the artistic eye would see that as more of a dominating 'A' then a 'L' and 'A' together, despite the fact that you can see a little 'L' from it.

It does look simple and elegant though, but LA isn't actually there in the logo.

It doesn't have to look exactly like the letters in the right order etc, in simple terms it's a symbol to represent the brand, really it just has to be recognisable. Personally I don't think it's a brilliant symbol but it works. Out of the 3 images I like the first one, simple is always good as long as it works and I'd say it works, but I'd be tempted to go that bit further and put a silver foil coating over the white and reverse emboss the symbol, it would look cool but could be rather expensive.

I don't however think the other two work, the slanted alignment just doesn't look right. I would enlarge the symbol so only some of it is showing by placing to the bottom right (adding silver foil if you can too) and then left align the text to the left

Unfortunately I'm finding it difficult to make L and A into much else. The logo started off without the tail bits of the A but then it didn't look too much like an A. I'll upload it to show you, let me know which one you think works best.

As for the front (conact details side) I'll have another go. Thanks for your input Ben, I really appreciate it when people take time to write proper responses/critiques.

Oh and no the inspiration for this has taken nothing from the mac app symbol, is it different to the regular apple logo then? I'm going to google it!

It was just one of very few ways I could arrange L and A in an interesting way - that I could think of at least. Any way, here's the other design and I'll start re-designing the contact details side.

Attachments

• logo2backb.jpg
    logo2backb.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 16
I have to say, when I was making it yesterday the other one looked better to me, but then as I was uploading it here the simple one looked much better. Would you say the size in comparison to the text is about right or should the logo be larger?

Right, I'll be back in a little while with a re-design of the other side :)

Right, I followed your advice in the first post, I hope this one looks better!

EDIT: Just decided to change the way the contact details are presented, I think the second one looks better.

Attachments

• logo2frontc.jpg
    logo2frontc.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 20
  • logo2frontd.jpg
    logo2frontd.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 16
Ye I like it, but a few things I would try:

1 - might end up looking naff but have your name run up the side of the symbol with graphic designer aligned left on top of it, then have contact info top left.

2 - just something I would do but instead of W,M & E for the contact info, use symbols (mail icon for the E, phone for the M etc)

Right, I tried putting the Graphic Design on top but it looked awkward.

I like it, but I feel that the name and title should come before the contact details, and it's in reverse order as it is below. Also, I think the contact details look a little isolated and I'm not really sure what to do about that.

Attachments

• logo2fronte.jpg
    logo2fronte.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 15
I really like the way you've put that in the bottom right, but you are right, title should come first, it would look great as the front of card (without contact details), and of course yes contact details do look like they need some help.

How about swapping the bottom right to the left, have the text run down the right side, see how that looks. but still on those contacts, ok.... think outside the box.... thoughts are:

- run them along the bottom, one black inside the symbol, others in white outside.
- align them to the same angle as the title then run them along to the right at equal distances.

But like I said it's looking now like a front of card so might be best to go back to previous design, but If you can get something to work it could look great.

I actually just finished a new version, prior to reading your above reply, lol, but I've done virtually what you said!

I did have a quick play around with aligning the contact details diagonally, but it just seemed a little messy - I might have another go.

EDIT: I'm going to do some more playing because the contact details still don't look quite right. I really appreciate the feedback here, thanks everyone :)

Attachments

• logo2frontf.jpg
    logo2frontf.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 14
Okay, well I think this will be the best that can come out of a diagonal design - I think I've been staring at it for too long to work out whether it's good or not.

Should I just go back to a normal "LOGO | Name & contact details" type horizontal design?

Attachments

• logo2frontg.jpg
    logo2frontg.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 15
OK, I've just finished creating the icons :)

For some reason I had my doubts about the icons, but they seem to work pretty well actually.

Attachments

• bcard-front.jpg
    bcard-front.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 13
  • bcard-back.jpg
    bcard-back.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 14
Thanks man, I couldn't have done it without you though. I never even considered that kind of layout. Oh well, I'm still learning!

Back