Logo / Business Card Feedback

Chris Hooper

After a little bit of feedback. Just under the process of rebranding my freelance design site etc and I've come up with this Logo and developed it into my new business card.

Thoughts and Feedback would be useful :)

logorzy.jpg

mynewbusinesscard.jpg

Looks canny.

If it were me i'd change the -

'graphicwebdesigner' bit.

Some people (idiots obviously) may think you design graphic web sites.

Those of the more adult variety, if you know what i mean. Nudge nudge wink wink.

very pretty but what is it? cdh? cod? I can't understand what the symbol is suppose to say. Therfore i have no idea what your company is called, therefore it fails as a piece of communication. IT's another example from the BB bof life " neverr put design infront of communication" So a piece of brand id it doesn't work. Remember a business card is to give to someone to explain who you are, what you are and why you are. If you can't get your own name across in that card without confusion, why should anyone give you their business to confuse.

Self promotion is the hardest thing to do, many designers over-egg the process being too clever for their own good and shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm not sure what to make of the letters either. The first acronym that occurred to me was 'con', but then the o might be a d or an a as well. So I definitely don't see the relevance with your name or anything.

The business card is nice, and the corner does give a little extra touch. But it feels a little tacky imo, so maybe you could approach the corner in a different way.

I cant for the life of me work out what it says. I also think you can do better with the word "DESIGN".

Also..Graphic Web Designer is a bad title.

I like the business card design a lot!

Though I agree about the logo being slightly vague, I am guessing it says C O H - your initials?

i know this topic a week old, but never the less, I keep readying the mark as con.

I think the layout it great but not tooo sure about the mark.
the corner for me doesn't work, if anything I would reverse it out so it follows the last letter, N or H which ever it may be.

honestly i cant tell what http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4843/logorzy.jpg says. Looks good but cant read it.
Also regards the business card, looks good i like it, but what are your objectives? if its to give to clients you have already convinced to use yourself for their work then its very good. If its for potential clients then remember your b-card changes its function from a simply information card to a small advert to try and convince your client to use you. As such treat it as one, dont design a business card, design an advert with your contact details on it. why not add small snapshots of your work in the background or add small bullet points of what you do etc. Problem is its a fine line trying not to look over crowded. below is one of my previous clients cards so you know what i mean.
rb-business-card-sheffield-design_med.jpg

good luck and i hope you get what you want need in the end just stick with it.

web_design_sheffield said:
[snip] As such treat it as one, dont design a business card, design an advert with your contact details on it. why not add small snapshots of your work in the background or add small bullet points of what you do etc. Problem is its a fine line trying not to look over crowded. below is one of my previous clients cards so you know what i mean.
rb-business-card-sheffield-design_med.jpg

good luck and i hope you get what you want need in the end just stick with it.

I'm going to be honest here - that business card is far too crowded for my tastes and if it was given to me it would mostly have ended up in the bin, why couldn't the 'services' have been put on the other side :confused: It also looks more like a flyer than a business card.

I have to say I'm of the view that a business card is there to supplement the owner, not be the sales pitch for them. Yes depending on the type of work you may need a little more info than just your name on them but I don't think they need the complete listing of services, especially when (in your case) 'building and landscaping' pretty much describes it all already. Theres also 2 or more sides to a business card.

As to the op card, basically agree with Berry :)

If someone gives me a business card, I expect to know what the business is. I dont want a card to tell me. I want to have a name, a phone number, a website, an email, and any other contact details I might need (office / twitter / whatever). Then if I choose to look up anything / contact them I will.

Business cards are an art form all of their own... I've seen thousands (and designed thousands from working in an offset and digital printers)... I completely agree with Berrys post but one other thing I always like to see in a Business card is simplicity and being able to see the details straight away... but thats just me :)

Back