Logo artwork appears in white box

Steve1948

I am a new user to Adobe CS4 and using the software to create rolling credits in After Effects for HD & film post production.

I import a Word document to In design to work on the fonts and layout, and also import and place the logo files at this stage too.
Then I copy and paste to Illustrator to work on colour and then import to After Effects to make it roll.

In Illustrator I work on the logos separately from the text using the direct selection tool to fix the colour so that I get white letters on a black background when the file is moved to After Effects. In most cases this all works fine and I have also managed to bring colour logos across too.

I have one project where in After Effects three of the colour logos appear (each of them) inside their own white box - just like a white sheet of paper with the colour logo has been dropped onto the black background. These logos in question are .ai files and .psd files.

I have other logos in the project of the same file type that work fine so I am wondering if I should do something to the problem logos before placing them.

Any advice on how to remove the 'white sheet of paper' and just leave the colour logo on a black background in After Effects would be appreciated.
I have only taught myself this process and know nothing else about what the software does, so please be gentle and not too technical if anyone is kind enough to reply.
Thanks.
Steve1948.

Back