Logo Animation

hankscorpio

Staff member
Looking for a quick easy free way to animate a logo from 1 logo into a different colour version of the logo.

I've tried a few websites but they are looking for me to pay... which I don't want to do as I want it for free.

Basically, it's a circle in blue, need it to spin and reveal a new colour.

Any ideas or free sites that can do this?

Thanks

Yeh can't wrap my head around AE at all, used one of the presets and it's a bit naff. And the file exported was was 64mb for a 20 second clip.

What kind of file do you need?

A .mov at 1080p and 30fps would be pretty large.
You can import a .mov into Photoshop and save it out as a .gif which would be much lighter.

So...You're just trying to get a circular logo to spin and change colour?

That should only take a few seconds and then the same added if you want it to revert back.

@hankscorpio Bit late you could probably do that using the 3D tools in photoshop and then setting up an animation.

It's not how I'd do it but I have access to 3D programs which I'd likely use instead.

something similar to this youtube video

Yeh that looks similar enough to what I need to do.

Thanks.

What 3D programs have you got access to?

Yeh that looks similar enough to what I need to do.

Thanks.

What 3D programs have you got access to?
For this type of work things like 3DS Max, Modo, Sketchup (they all basically do the same thing at a core level) that type of thing but I'm also in the process of trying some cheaper/free alternatives because the prices now are getting a bit 'silly' so I doubt you'd want them for your 'free stuff' lol. If you just want to dabble in 3D you can get things like blender which would do the trick, it's free and also available on mac/pc/linux. There's also a large community offering tutorials on blender too.

Ahh....I thought you meant spinning as in rotating in a flat plane like a wheel.

You can do that in Ae by making the artwork into a 3D layer and there are loads of tut's on how to do it.

Ahh....I thought you meant spinning as in rotating in a flat plane like a wheel.

You can do that in Ae by making the artwork into a 3D layer and there are loads of tut's on how to do it.
LOL, I assumed differently but that's more due to me usually rotating around the 'z axis' when things are spinning.

Back