Logo Animation: Bucking my ideas up....

DavoSmith

I'm finally bucking my ideas up and getting started on a logo animation for my brand, so it atleast appears as though I kind of know what I'm doing. I've ended up with a few nice little animation projects in the last year and I'd really like to build on it. So here goes. Thought I'd pop its progress up in here for anyone (even Levi) to feedback on.
My favourite idea from a bunch is to recreate my logo using my modern interpretation of a timepiece. Hopefully this sits well with my, albeit as time goes on, rather unimaginative and quite literal name for a brand, that aspires to work more within the field of motion graphics and title sequences in particular. We'll see.
This is the logo element of my branding, and below that an initial idea of how I see this being recreated using the circular divisions of a timepiece. I know its not totally original, but it will be if I can create it in the beautiful detail I imagine in my strange mind.
http://s267.photobucket.com/user/TheMacMagician/media/iFM_LogoIdent-V01_LogoElement.jpg.html]
iFM_LogoIdent-V01_LogoElement.jpg
[/URL]
http://s267.photobucket.com/user/TheMacMagician/media/iFM_LogoIdent-V01_InitialTimepiece.jpg.html]
iFM_LogoIdent-V01_InitialTimepiece.jpg
[/URL]
I have pictures in my head of how the transitions could work, its just going to take some figuring out I think.

Nice :D
Like the colours and the style. Have you tested in on small scales?
But overall, a nice clean brand identity, be sure to let me know when fully animated.

GibbonIt said:
Nice :D
Like the colours and the style. Have you tested in on small scales?
But overall, a nice clean brand identity, be sure to let me know when fully animated.
Thanks Ben, appreciated.
I'm assuming you meant small scale. That could be an issue with the current drawing your right. I think I'll more than likely have to improve the legibility of the markers before I get in to it. I'll keep some progress in here as it goes.

Very well done. Liked color contrast, combination and design. All are plenty creative nice to see this and I beleive this is one from your creative bunch.

Oh yeah, I remember this thread! I want to see the finished version now :)

Back