Logo and website for Photojournalist

Firstly have to say really like the logo & site Soren, nice work!

A couple of small layout things I noticed, may be worth matching the width of the right hand column on the sub=pages to be the same width as on the homepage, as this fits nicely with the grid underneath the navigation. Think it would help to tidy that up on the sub-pages :)

On the Galleries page would make the images on the left side click-able, so they are links to the galleries, just an intuitive thing to click on IMO.

From a quick glance the code looks very tidy & everything seems to be working well :up:
Greg

Greg said:
Firstly have to say really like the logo & site Soren, nice work!

A couple of small layout things I noticed, may be worth matching the width of the right hand column on the sub=pages to be the same width as on the homepage, as this fits nicely with the grid underneath the navigation. Think it would help to tidy that up on the sub-pages :)

Thanks Greg!

Yeah I agree, the text looks too crammed in when the text get's longer. I'll see what I can do about that.

Greg said:
On the Galleries page would make the images on the left side click-able, so they are links to the galleries, just an intuitive thing to click on IMO.

Thanks, didn't think about that. Will fix that now.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Soren,

Really like the site! From a very quick glance at the code (and at this late hour) the only thing I can see (which isn't really a big deal) is lose your empty divs
<div class="clear"></div>

Then give your containing div an overflow:hidden;
or if you have objects with negative margins within it then you'll still need a clear (and don't use overflow:hidden)
but could use <br class="clear" /> rather than using an empty div.

I'll take another look in the morning when I'm more awake but generally all looks good! & really like the site, nice job!

Aarlev said:
Thanks, didn't think about that. Will fix that now.

No worries, I just tried to click the image first and can imagine a fair few other visitors doing the same. Bet the client is pleased with the site :cool:

ah also you don't need <div class="menu"> around your navigation delete the opening and closing divs then just make your <ul class="menu"> (unessecary div) - but again not a big deal!

tbwcf said:
ah also you don't need <div class="menu"> around your navigation delete the opening and closing divs then just make your <ul class="menu"> (unessecary div) - but again not a big deal!

Yeah I usually don't put UL's in DIVS but I had some issue with the dropdown if I didn't put a DIV around it for some reason.

Thanks for the tip about the <br class="clear">. Didn't know it was better to use that. I've always just used an empty div to clear floats etc.

Thanks for the feedback Andy!

I like it, photographers websites are really hard to know how to present cleanly and effectively to suit them.

Bang up job.

Very nice work Soren :) nice and clean in a black kinda way :D

I find the site to be quite stressful on the eye. The darkness does bring out the images very nicely, so I see why you went for a dark site. Maybe it's just my eyes :blink:

It's just your eyes Gary. That's what staying up all night watching ahem.."documentaries" with Tim does to you.:rolleyes:

No I see what you mean. Is it the body text you find stressful? Maybe I should make the text brighter?

Thanks for the feedback Mr.O!

Back