Listened to all your advice

sandraf

Hi y'all

Back again; redid my website which I have to stress is really to showcase my art/illustration design so not much fancy flash works;

New to all this css business so bear with me

Sandraf

www.sandrafrancourt.com

It's a better one but it still feels like am visiting different websites when I go to the different links, I feel there is no house style throughout.

I have been starting to do some corporate sites and other more uniform design sites as I do realise this is a bit different. This is my personal site which I guess shows how freaky I am:mad:; thanks for the comments

Sandraf

Sorry it just feels disjointed to me, don't see a reason why I need to click twice to get to the portfolio etc.

I got to the portfolio and told that I needed to upgrade my flash player!!!!!!!!!!

It wanted flash 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Levi said:
Sorry it just feels disjointed to me, don't see a reason why I need to click twice to get to the portfolio etc.

yep, I can understand wanting to create something a bit different, personal and quirky. But there's no continuity atall, and I just didn't find it easy to look around :(

I'll be honest it gave me a headache looking at the website :( but that's just me.

Well its better than the last version.
But I dont think that this showcases your work well at all! its t oo dark and all over the place and again, no real continuity across the pages.
x

sandraf said:
I have been starting to do some corporate sites and other more uniform design sites as I do realise this is a bit different. This is my personal site which I guess shows how freaky I am:mad:; thanks for the comments

Sandraf

sarah_beeny_2.jpg

Your desining to your own tastes and not considering your market (target audience).

--

You dont need the site to be "wacky" in order to show that your "wacky". You need the simplest of simple designs with large display areas for the work your showcasing, there is enough ability and creativity ozzzing out of your work that you dont need to add extra ontop. Look at photography portfolios, simple simple simple with all the focus on the actualy photography.

sandraf said:
Hi y'all

Back again; redid my website which I have to stress is really to showcase my art/illustration design so not much fancy flash works;

New to all this css business so bear with me

Sandraf

www.sandrafrancourt.com

wtf!. Did you actually write that or get a program to generate it?

"stylexx" as a naming scheme for css classes defeats the purpose.

Back