Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lil about me

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by mick_mccabe, Oct 7, 2010.

1. mick_mccabe

mick_mccabe Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Mick McCabe, I'm a graphic Designer from kilmarnock. and i am currently working for minuteman press in ayr. its the 1st in which i hope to be many stepping stones to a brighter future in the design industry. God knows i want it bad enough!

i love sports and going out drinking with the boys but also spending quality time with my girlfriend. i hope in a few years i'll be established in a firm and well respected agency

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Mick,

Welcome to Design Forums, I'm sure your print knowledge will be a big benefit with a future move into design. Might be worth you having a chat with Iain from Darkflare Design, I believe he's from Ayr too :)

Hope you enjoy the forums.
    Thanks, Greg

3. Becky

Becky Member

More Scots, seems like were having a bit of a celtic invasion lately.

Welcome :)

4. Howdy...fancy meeting you here!

5. mick_mccabe

mick_mccabe Member

Yeah I know him Mate, he popped in yesterday to pick up some b.cards. yeah thats what I'm hoping for mate, i do freelance work on the side to keep my creative edge im on behance if you get a chance check out some of my works.

iain how you doing? i saw this site on ur behance page thought i would give it a bash. nice work by the way

becky more scots can only be a good thing.lol

6. mcskillz

mcskillz Member

Howdy from Glasgow!

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

I see :up:

8. Oh cheers, you too...absolutely love the "words" project!

9. Oh I missed this...the game is up.

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

My instant connection to Ayr is Dark Flare Design ;)

Reading this does make me think DF needs to 'make friends' with lots of print companies to help spread the word about the forums to other designers :D

11. mick_mccabe

mick_mccabe Member

cheers mate yeah the words are hand drawn was inspired by si scott, hes on behance. his stuff is amazing

12. Haha brilliant, thanks Greg.

Totally agree, there are loads of printers out their, all with in-house designers.

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

In-house designers + plenty of contact with freelancers too, will get my thinking cap on, thanks guys.

14. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Mick....how's it hang 'n'?.

15. mick_mccabe

mick_mccabe Member

how's it hand 'n'?. you've got me confused here mate.lol

16. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

That's better...

Now were was I ?

17. mick_mccabe

mick_mccabe Member

Typo i miss read ur msg. im hang 'n' abit to the left as usual. lol hows tricks with you?

18. No you didn't...he edited the post after your reply. You'll need to watch this lot. The are a crafty bunch.

19. mick_mccabe

mick_mccabe Member

Haha cheers for the heads up mate, i thought i was seeing things.lol

20. Check your pockets for your lunch money. ;)