Letterpress Business Cards Inspiration

Dave1975

Have had a few of these letterpress posts bookmarked for a while so thought it might make a cool thread to have them listed, there's a few overlaps between the posts but on the whole majority are unique on each blog post, and some really nice examples in there :)

http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/marketing/letterpress-business-cards/
37 Beautiful Letterpress Business Cards | Design Shack
10 Beautiful Letterpress Business Cards | Inspiration

lpbc-3.jpg

lpbc-24.jpg

lpbc-34.jpg

Love the bottom one :) love the floral design on it :) looks like old wallpaper :D

I dread to think how much some letterpress cards cost :eek:

I want to buy a letterpress machine :( but don't have the money or room or knowledge :p really it's just for the owning privilege...

I love to see the debossed letterpress stuff - so much more character than the coated litho cards.

if you where designing freelance work for clients and wanted to produce cards like this on a regular basis

who would be the best printers to go to to get it for cheaper?

dannymaz

These cards can never be cheap due to not being able to be mass produced. It's like asking where to get a cheap Rolls Royce. But for people who wouldn't be seen dead in a Ford Fiesta these cards have the right image when the design is minimal/sophisticated. Also designers seem to go for these cards - I guess that's because they have the texture thickness and weight lacking in litho/digital - these cards are usually 500g +.

The beauty of these cards is they say EXPENSIVE. I suppose people in a business meeting at a London Hotel, where a gin and tonic costs £50 don't want to hand over a 200g Vistaprint card...

The top link vandelaydesign.com has some lovely classy cards.

Back